Designer stuff

I have a wonderful mix....I never really thought about all the things I do have that are designer...sunglasses, for sure as I wear them constantly....I have a great collection, bags, obviously, clothes I have a mix of all sorts of stuff but all is great! My makeup is mostly MAC except for a few nars products, and Dior. Shoes I snatch up alot of Zappos Couture thongs, I live in sandals...My favorite cheap cheap love is my tommy hilfger thin strap cotton tank nighties..I get them at Ross for like 10 dollars!

i'd say i like a healthy mix.. for instance i love designer jeans (sevens, COH, etc) but for basics like Tshirts, tanks i love Old Navy and the Gap
for makeup i pretty much buy all of it from the drugstore, but do buy "designer" perfume and of course handbags (once i got my first LV i couldn't go back haha!) but the most designer i get for shoes is uggs and puma..lol :smile:

I tend to shop a bit more high end/designer, but I also will stroll into the Limited and buy something from time to time (their clothes have been so cute lately!!). I am a designer jean hag all the way, I wear lots of James Perse and other "designer" wear but not designer as in high end or couture.

With clothing, I don't buy designer because quality isn't as much of an issue for me. I like variety and mixing and matching so I choose to go for cheaper stuff. I like to buy designer sunglasses and handbags. I also want a designer coat but I can't seem to find one that fits.

I have a lot of the youthful stuff... Rachel Pally, Diane von Furstenberg, Development, etc. But I'm also a huge fan of J.Crew. I don't spend money on designer jeans except a couple pairs. I do buy designer shoes but only on a steep discount. I do shell out for some designer items when it comes to party dresses and tops. I almost never want to pay for pants!

I don't really care if it's designer or not as long as it fits well and looks good. Of course, designer items tend to fit better since they have better cuts. It just bugs me when you find a super cute T at the mall and it gets all wonky after a couple of washes, so I guess you pay for what you get.

yellow_gummybear said:
I don't really care if it's designer or not as long as it fits well and looks good. Of course, designer items tend to fit better since they have better cuts. It just bugs me when you find a super cute T at the mall and it gets all wonky after a couple of washes, so I guess you pay for what you get.

very true! forever 21 usually has some cute stuff but i swear you can only wear it twice before the thing starts breaking apart! :blink:

I try to have a healthy mix, although this past month, I've been pretty bad, buying nicer clothing than I normally would. My typical outfits are from Banana, Gap, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, and J.Crew (all typical places you can find in the mall), interspersed with Marc by Marc Jacobs (I call it "fun" clothes) and some "designer" jeans like True Religion.

Yeah, I don't "fall on my hands and knees" the moment I hear the word "designer", lol.
Some designer stuff can be good. But at the same time, there are plenty of non-designer products that are good quality as well.

Hmmm. Interesting thread. Once I started buying designer purses, the rest just gathered dust. They're still perfectly nice, but I have no interest in using them anymore. I only wear 7 for all Mankind jeans. They fit perfectly. Most of my clothes are from area boutiques -- they're unique, but generally not a known designer label. I envy those that can go couture all the way. I have nice clothes, but am much quicker to justify big $ on an "investment" purse than on a piece of clothing that I may not wear much.