Designer Straps...

BeBe2223

Jan 18, 2017
okay. So I may have a a very unexpected reveal coming soon, but I wanted to ask a question first.. I love LV. And from now on I will only buy LV bags, as I have tried and bought different and also less expensive brands, but I keep coming back. But LV's new straps are kind of plain and the ones I'm favoriting are all sold out I think.. and I am absolutely dying over the fendi strap you studded strap.. would it be weird and/or tacky to mix the two brands? I also have been looking at a bag bug (and I know it's silly to spend that much on a fluffy ball of fur that I could make my self or find for much cheaper) but I'm just curious on other people's thoughts on mixing brands especially straps that will be noticed first when carrying around. I don't really care but I feel like it may be tacky to some people.

It's not tacky to me! I think the fendi straps look amazing. I think you should go for it. For me, I wouldn't be worried about mixing brands, but I would make sure the strap and bag do "go together". Like, I wouldn't want the strap to overwhelm the bag. I think you should go for it! Can't wait to see your reveal!

Reactions: j19
So I am loving the studded straps and I just can't get over how fun they are but it may take me till My Vegas or New Orleans trip to find one because I don't think I'll find one here where I live in Texas. (Unless I buy preloved or order online) We have 2 LV stores -one in saks and one in Neiman's- but I haven't seen any fendi products at either stores here. But I do know where to look when we go to Vegas in a couple weeks. And I'm a touchy-feel kind of girl. Especially when it comes to spending money.

Reactions: Selenet
It's not tacky to me! I think the fendi straps look amazing. I think you should go for it. For me, I wouldn't be worried about mixing brands, but I would make sure the strap and bag do "go together". Like, I wouldn't want the strap to overwhelm the bag. I think you should go for it! Can't wait to see your reveal!
Thank you I'm excited! Fingers crossed we will see how my idea works out. Either way I'll be revealing a bag soon

As long as the prints are not clashing and the color works together, please mix it up by all means. I actually dislike matchy-matchy things. I think THAT's tacky (But then my personal preference shouldn't matter that much to everyone else because see my point below)

I do use Fendi's Bag bugs on my Vuitton and my Vuitton strap on a variety of bags from all brands that I have. It's fun to mix it up. And even if people think your combo is "tacky", well they can suck it and get over it. Do whatever that makes you happy.

My opinion might be a little biased but I don't find designer straps tacky at all. They are also often thicker than normal straps and very comfortable! I use mine in my LV bags and Hermes bags. It looks so pretty and adds extra comfort. I got the idea from this forum :biggrin: Of course decorated straps might be just a passing phase but they have been around for a while now and more and more brands are coming up with their own.
Here is a picture:
16649091_1196888123713829_4274412241476728867_n_Fotor.jpg

Although they are both red, I love to use my strap on my black Mahina Selene LV bag or my blue Hermes Evelyne. Mixing colors makes it even more fun!

My opinion might be a little biased but I don't find designer straps tacky at all. They are also often thicker than normal straps and very comfortable! I use mine in my LV bags and Hermes bags. It looks so pretty and adds extra comfort. I got the idea from this forum :biggrin: Of course decorated straps might be just a passing phase but they have been around for a while now and more and more brands are coming up with their own.
Here is a picture:
View attachment 3616848

Although they are both red, I love to use my strap on my black Mahina Selene LV bag or my blue Hermes Evelyne. Mixing colors makes it even more fun!
So cute!! Thanks