designer shoes

clinkenwar

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Do they run a half size or a whole size small? I generally wear a 39 european or a 9 american so does that mean if I buy choo,louboutin,etc that I need a 40 or a 39.5? Thanks:shame:

I only have one pair of Choos, they're a size 40 (US 10). I tried on the 39 and they smooshed my toes. I also have a pair of Burberry sandals that are a size 40. Going up a size might be your best bet :biggrin:

It depends and people seem to have different responses.

Everyone seems to agree that Jimmy Choos run half a size small when I think it's the exact opposite. Chanel also runs half a size bigger for me, as does Guiseppe Zanotti.

i think it also varies by shoe style.....i tried on one pair of dior shoes a half size bigger and they were just right, another i tried in the same size and they were huge

It totally varies from designer to designer,and from style to style.From what I have...

*Jimmy Choo is said to run small;I find they run true to size.

*Marc Jacobs very reliably runs a half size small. However,I recently tried on some ballet flats which were a half size large.

* Gucci...half size large.

*Prada and Miu Miu...half to full size large

*Moschino...true

*Chloe...true

*Costume Nationale..true

I have no Manolos or Louboutins...can't find them here.

I'll update if I think of any more.

I definitely think it depends on the shoes. Everyone else has posted some pretty reliable information, but at the end of the day, it is best to try on the shoes and treat them individually. I've had to go up and down within the same brands.

Good luck!

Rupert Sanderson: I down size 1/2 size
Jimmy Choo: generally 1/2 size down
Prada: always 1/2 size down
YSL: true to size
MB: true to size for me, except for the one time I had to 1/2 size up!
Chloe: true to size, but they don't fit my wider feet