Designer leather business portfolios for women??

mooshgurl

Aug 4, 2007
Hi All -

I am looking for a Mother's Day gift for my mother. Last time we were shopping together, she fell in love with a red crocodile leather portfolio at Smythson. The price tag on the portfolio was about $700, which is a bit out of my price range. Does anyone have ideas as to where to go to get a fashionable designer leather portfolio below this price point? The cheapest available on Smythson right now that isn't a basic black color is about $600...I'd really rather come in around the $300 - $400 range.

It's shocking to me that Kate Spade, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, and some of the other mid-tier brands have nothing when it comes to womens' business portfolios, though some do have basic black and brown portfolios in the Mens' sections. Other brands I have checked are Tumi (too basic black), Longchamp (nothing), Louis Vuitton (higher $ than Smythson), Mulberry, and also just general searches at Bergdorf, Neiman Marcus, Saks, etc... If anyone has any ideas, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!!

-Michelle