Designer Jeans VS. Non-Designer Jeans?

Couture Denim...or Not...?

• Designer - True Religion, 7s, R&R, Juicy, D&G.....

• Non-designer - Mavi, Guess, Roxy, Silver.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have two favorite pairs of jeans. One is a pair from citizens of humanity dark wash bootcuts, which cost me $145, and one is a pair of tara jarmon (sp?) target trouser jeans I got on sale for $9.98. :tender: So whatever works!

Once I got my first pair of 7's around 3 years ago, I couldn't turn back (I used to be happy with Gap, Mavi...), but I do like the finishing of the designer denim much better! They really work well for my butt, although I hate having to get them hemmed - they're all designed with super long 34" inseams, and mine is only 29"

mello_yello_jen said:
IMO designer jeans are a better quality. with the exception of rigid jeans, designer jeans feel more softer to me and they last longer as well.

but hey, if non-designer jeans fit you best, stick with it! it's about how clothes look on you, not about how expensive they are

i couldn't have said it better myself. It's best to go for how good the fit is than to go for the label. Out of my entire jeans collection i get heaps more wear out of my el cheapo no brand brazilian jeans :smile:

Jeans don't fit my hourglass figure, so I don't wear them. If I do wear jeans, I make my own and no one can tell that I made them. I always get asked where I found jeans which fit around a small waist and full hips. I then hand out my business card. Beats the heck out of spending money only to have to alter them. Usually, they just hang in the closet forever and I wasted my money.
Kate

MandM said:
Ditto -- I used to be happy in my AE jeans, thinking it was silly to spend so much money on designers. Then I tried them and got totally hooked. It's hard to go back now. I just donated a bunch of my old denim to make room for the new:wlae:

I totally agree!! I used to think Express jeans were ultra super perfect for me.. (I have wider hips and I'm pretty petite so their short sizes were great for me!).. and then I got my first pair of Sevens. The difference is shocking! My legs look leaner and I look so much taller in the Sevens! I'm seriously amazed at the difference between the jeans. I would have never expected it! :nuts:

my ideas have changed on this matter as i get older. after buying designer jeans, i DO feel that they are a better "wardrobe investment." i tend to wear my designer jeans more (except when gardening or hiking.) they fit better in general. it isn't as important to me (anymore) to have tons of jeans in my closet. it is more important to have a few great pieces that are quality fabric & fit.

I agree that you should stick with whatever fits your body best and whatever you feel comfortable in!

I switched over to designer jeans a few years ago from Abercrombie/Gap, etc., and I have to admit that even when I'm doing someone like painting, it's hard to wear non-designer jeans. The fit and more importantly, quality of them is so much nicer. There's also a HUGE variety and you can own a lot without feeling like you own two pairs of the same jeans :angel:.

My favorites are 7FAM and True Religion. I'm also starting to really get into Rock & Republic too :smile:

I am totally hooked on designer jeans...specifically Paige and Joe's. But I am equally comfortable in old Levi's, or jeanstar, or something more mainstrem.

I tend to dress up my designer jeans more, with a nice shirt or jacket and heels or boots, whereas I feel I can dress more "relaxed" in my oldest, most worn Levi's.

So, I think there's value in both types...and everything in between!

Designer jeans! They're so much fun!

Rock and Republic's butt-poofing Scorpions, True Religion's "Look ma, I'm playing cowboy!" Joeys -- that's my kind of casual.