Designer heels that are comfortable? (preferably elegant)

ghurty

Jun 2, 2012
Does that exist? I have two pairs of CL heels, but they are uncomfortable. I tried different sizes and I came to the decision to that my feet are just not for them.
Are there any designer heels (3inch+ preferably 4+) that are relatively passingly comfortable? (I know no shoes that high will be truly comfortable)
I like more the elegant "classic" shoes, rather then more clunkier ones.

Thanks

Prada are usually very comfortable, though some styles can be clunky.
I've always had very good luck with YSL-I'm hoping that the change to Saint Laurent hasn't changed that.
My one pair of 4" Jimmy Choo pumps are extremely comfortable.
Some people swear by Manolos, especially the BB pump. I think they are gorgeous but only moderately comfortable.

I assume it's different for many, depending on shape & width, but I find most Jimmy Choo's to be very comfortable. I also find Lanvin wedges really wearable, but don't have any of their straight up heels.
Manolos and CL are not great for me, but tolerable.
Gucci is good for me too, but I don't always love the styles.

Does that exist? I have two pairs of CL heels, but they are uncomfortable. I tried different sizes and I came to the decision to that my feet are just not for them.
Are there any designer heels (3inch+ preferably 4+) that are relatively passingly comfortable? (I know no shoes that high will be truly comfortable)

Thanks

My go to designer for comfort generally is Manolo and also very classic designs, but I have also found Emilio Pucci very comfortable with 90-105 heels. CL heels are generally not comfortable at all.

Manolo Blahnik - any style is very comfortable, but if your looking at esthetics as well, I prefer the BB. Chaos is very comfortable too at 3", otherwise higher 4" a similar version is Laura.

Prada, Ferragamo, and Charlotte Olympias are all fabulous.

Thanks
In my closet, my current favorites for comfort (in various price points). Comfort means I can walk on outdoor city sidewalks for about 1/4-1/2 mile or spend the greater part of a day in them. I have CLs, but don't find them as comfy as prada, Manolo, Sergio Rossi, ferragamo and fendi (for evening)

This summer, I have logged miles in:

1. YSL tribute sandal mid height (still gives you four inches). (I am a Brannok device US 7, between B and C width) and I wear a 37 (US 6.5). I also think the YSL tribute pump (high heel) is very comfy, there I took a 36.5. The mid height tribute pump would be a nice solution to your query if you don't mind a high platform. As platforms go, YSL is very stable, wide area for ball of foot.

2. Stuart Weitzmans platswoon pump (3-4 inches, small platform), very comfy, I took a US 6.5 medium. A third the price of YSL and half the price of upscale brands. This particular last is more comfy for a wider foot than other stuart Weitzmans lasts. conservative but also elegant.

3. Discovered some budget heels that were remarkably comfy - Lauren by Ralph Lauren did a shiny cork stiletto heel; BCBGeneration had an almond toe version (padded like a sneaker inside) of Kate Middleton's LK Bennett sledge patent heel; and Aldo did a blue metallic platform heel.

Note: if CLs do not work, try Manolo. My favorite black pump is an older Manolo (from the 1990's) In the older manolos, i took a 37.5. In today's manolos, I take a 37. For my type of foot, sizing is similar to choo,

Re fit/comfort, for my type of foot (broader at the ball of the foot, narrower heel, and in a higher heel, I sometimes have to size down, otherwise I get heel slippage. Rather than use a heel grip which will push my foot forward, I sometimes stretch out the toe box (socks folded over the toes plus rubbing alcohol/water) and or create a makeshift tongue pad (out of a heel grip) that pushes my foot backwards against the heel cup of the shoe. Everyone is different though!

Last edited:
I really wanted a pair of Louboutin's but found them not comfy either :sad:

I recently purchased the Tina from Ferragamo-according to Saks its height is: Painted stacked heel, 4" (100mm) Patent leather platform, ½" (15mm), Compares to a 3½" heel (90mm)

It has the classic Ferragamo Vara bow which originally I was a bit iffy about but my other heels are all very simple, with no frills so I decided to get it in red patent leather.

I tend to walk fast and these shoes have been able to keep up with me- granted they are still pretty new (only worn twice) so like yesterday when I was out all day showing my friend a pretty big shopping mall & we went to lunch about 10-15 minute walk away from the said mall (she just moved) I did bring a pair of back of flats (and ended up changing into) since the shoe is still new and I am in the process of stretching them out. But as I said- I can walk pretty fast- I even did a quick "jog", a twenty minute walk (with no stopping at all) on streets was not too bad- even with hills and what not and I got compliment on the red bows :smile:

I've tried Stuart Weitzman's Platswoon and liked them as well- they're just simple heels and about the half of the price of Ferragamo's Tina.

I've tried Prada but I don't remember it that much- RE: I was looking for a red shoe so it could have been that at the particular Nordys I was at they didnt have red. But if I remember correctly- I wasn't impressed with it.

But again- it all depends on 1) how much you're willing to pay- I mean Weitzman is a great deal. 2) what kind of style and color you're looking for. Manolos have heels with ankle straps and Mary Janes (Campy- according to Nordys its 4inches)- but sadly they only have nude, black and I think navy. Personally I think Mary Janes are more comfortable/offer more support compared to regular heels.

Hope you find your perfect shoe! :smile:

Last edited:
My most comfortable 4" heels are Manolo BB's and the older Blixa's....can walk forever and can wear them all day long.....Most Sergio Rossi's (the Veronica pump in 100mm and 90mm) can walk and wear all day long.....I recently discovered the Ferragamo Runa pump(4" heel with and updated bow, not the vara bow) very sexy, and comfortable....and last but not least, valentino pumps(the classics, not the rock studs) very comfortable....

My most comfortable 4" heels are Manolo BB's and the older Blixa's....can walk forever and can wear them all day long.....Most Sergio Rossi's (the Veronica pump in 100mm and 90mm) can walk and wear all day long.....I recently discovered the Ferragamo Runa pump(4" heel with and updated bow, not the vara bow) very sexy, and comfortable....and last but not least, valentino pumps(the classics, not the rock studs) very comfortable....
OH, forgot....Gianvito Rossi's classic pump(4"), ultra comfortable.....

This is what I've found with any designer shoe, first you need to find your true size, then you need to find what shape your feet are and the shape of shoe that best fits your feet. If you like pointed shoes,but your foot is rounded at the toes it's going to hurt,you need a rounded toe shoe.