Designer flip-flops - is it ridiculous?

To me, for a pair of flip flops, it would be ridiculous to pay that much! I don't like leather flip flops and I'm very satisfied with my Havaianas. I'd rather spend the money on designer heels.

I am not terribly fond of wearing flip-flops much, anyway; I find them to generally be too casual for me. So I wouldn't pay $300+ for what would end up being beach shoes for me.

overpriced flipflops are ridiculous!! but i love the MBMJ flip flops - only $11 and they are the most comfortable pair i ever owned. I love rainbow sandals but they look fuglier with each wear.

ok, im one of those suckers who shelled a lot of money for the Chanel jellies [pink]. I can't help myself, im girly and i like girly things...couldn't help myself.

If they are something that catch your eye, then go get em. If its something that happens to be there and have a brand name, dont waste your time.

Last year I got the Chanel baby animals flip flops...I actually got a lot more good out of them than I thought I would. They were around $275-ish I think but they're still wearable. In fact, I took them to Vegas and walked around in them lol

I have a few, I'm not gonna lie :shame: They're definitely overpriced, but then again what designer item isn't? I pretty much live in flip flops from April to October, so it's worth it to me. They look nicer than cheap ones and are generally very well made. The Prada's are comfy, the Ferragamos are fun (they have fishies on them!), the Hermes' are tres chic and elegant, and the Coach's I bought because the leather top strap was in a unique yellow color. It's especially hard for guys because our choices are pretty much 1) sandals, 2) sneakers, and 3) nicer dress shoes, without much in the middle like you ladies have with flats, espadrilles, kitten heels, etc.

Today is the last day of the Saks shoe sale and suddenly these gold Prada flip-flops caught my eye - but then the price seems pretty insane for a pair of flip-flops (about $350). Anyone ever buy premium designer flipflops for full price before, or is that just a silly thing to do? Thanks.

I have a pair of leather Manolo flip-flops that I've had for about ten years. They aren't exactly like the typical foam or rubber flip-flops since they are leather, so I don't know if that counts.

I love the MbMJ flip flops as well. They are the most comfortable ones I own. But I can't say that I'd really pay anything over what I paid for those. I'm from Florida but finishing up school in Georgia and have tons of flip flops. If I'm not in heels, I'm probably in flip flops. So I pretty much wear them all the time, even in the middle of winter. I love them. But I would rather put my money towards a pair of heels than an expensive pair of flip flops.

I got a pair of dior flip flops a few years back (or "spa mules", as they called them) and I wore them almost daily -in the shower :P I did wear them to the beach a couple of times too, and although the price was a bit steep for plastic, I liked them.

I wear my designer flipflop almost every day! MB and JC make great flats that go with everything and are a staple for me in the summer. $300 for rubber, sporty looking flipflops is too much, but leather flipflop sandals are TOTALLY worth it IMO!

...for jelly/rubber flip flops, yeah it's a little silly, IMO.

Now, I DID drop about $300 on some very nice leather Hogans, which I about lived in when I was on business in Florida last year. They worked great with dress slacks and khakis...

For rubber/jelly flip flops I'll take my havaianas any day...

I have a few, I'm not gonna lie :shame: They're definitely overpriced, but then again what designer item isn't? I pretty much live in flip flops from April to October, so it's worth it to me. They look nicer than cheap ones and are generally very well made. The Prada's are comfy, the Ferragamos are fun (they have fishies on them!), the Hermes' are tres chic and elegant, and the Coach's I bought because the leather top strap was in a unique yellow color. It's especially hard for guys because our choices are pretty much 1) sandals, 2) sneakers, and 3) nicer dress shoes, without much in the middle like you ladies have with flats, espadrilles, kitten heels, etc.
you have tonsof loafer mocasin drivingshoes types with a rubber sole. I wouldn't count them as "nicer dress shoes", buy maybe I'm weird.

I think it is rather ridiculous. I should also admit that I find any flip flop to be notoriously uncomfortable so I can't imagine paying that much for them. Honestly though, I will spend a lot on shoes but so much for flip flops? Not worth it to *me* personally but we all have our priorities. It isn't about being able to afford it or not, I just feel that you don't have to splurge on everything. Flip flops are flip flops in my mind. I only wear them on the boat or at the beach so $300+ isn't worth it for them to just get dirty and gross.