Designer Collaborations....

kmrosko404

Jun 1, 2007
I'm really anticipating the Jimmy Choo H&M collabo that's launching on Nov 14th but I'm not excited about the crowd situation. Their website says only 1st 160 people in line will be given wristbands. There are 3 stores in my area (LA and South Coast) and I'm not sure what my best option will be.

For those who've gone to previous launches for designer collabos (Matthew Williamson, Stella McCartney, etc.), how early do you think I need to arrive to have a decent chance of getting merchandise?? Any LA-area ladies have suggestions on which store is my best option (SCP, Bev Center, or Melrose)?

I'm hoping to avoid having to resort to e-bay...

In London there are are always huge crowds the first couple of days. then everything sells out and appears at double the price on ebay. Most irritating actually. I bought the peacock dress from Matthew Williamson collection at HM wore a couple of times and then was offered a kings ransom ( well not quite..) to re sell. So definitely going again this time. take a big umbrella with you or something you can use as a weapon.:biggrin::graucho::graucho::graucho::yahoo:

I would go to South Coast ... if it's a bust, you can still have a fun time shopping! Are you going with a friend? Treat it like a Black Friday event, and I would be there at least a few hours before store opening like 5AM. The closest location is an hour away so I've never bothered with it. good luck!

I've never actually lined up beforehand for one of these, but I was in Germany for all the collabs pre-Cavalli and there was never really a huge line outside (there was a bit of a rush and crowd when I went early in the morning of course). In London, there were lines wrapped around the block for the Matthew Williamson one, but a friend who went to the Regent St. store said part of the reason was because the man himself unveiled the collection that day. The first people showed up around 7-7:30am there. I was in London for the second Williamson collection and walked past the Oxford St. branch around 8:45. I had no idea they were opening the stores at 8:30 already, but every single piece in multiple sizes was still available and there weren't really that made people there.

I'm guessing if they're introducing a queuing system, people will show up much earlier than usual. If you really want to increase your chances, I'd probably get there 1-2 hours before doors open. If you're the first one there, you can always go to a cafe and get a cup of coffee first.

Thanks for the responses...

According to the H+M website, the only stores in the LA area will be

Bev Center
SCP
Sunset (not Melrose as I said above)

I even double checked the individual items I'm interested in as I think stock will vary by store and I'm still good to go to any of the above.

I don't mind going early... I just don't want to show up at 7 AM and still have no chance, KWIM? Will try to drag a friend but not sure I can that early! They are not as crazy as I am :smile:

what's the wristband for?

The wristbands are essentially for 1st go at the merchandise. They are only giving out 160 and they indicate the time which you will be given access to the goods (only applies to shoes, bags, and accessories; clothes are fair game for all). The website says after 2 hours everyone will have access.

I'm wondering if you can go, get your wristband with your time and then go back at that time... Might not be so horrible then as you could leave and go get breakfast or something and then report back at your time instead of waiting in line the whole time.

Thanks for the responses...

According to the H+M website, the only stores in the LA area will be

Bev Center
SCP
Sunset (not Melrose as I said above)

I even double checked the individual items I'm interested in as I think stock will vary by store and I'm still good to go to any of the above.

I don't mind going early... I just don't want to show up at 7 AM and still have no chance, KWIM? Will try to drag a friend but not sure I can that early! They are not as crazy as I am :smile:

Aha. Maybe ebay will be the best bet then...

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:has anyone seen the H&M jimmy choo collaboration> I was really disapointed with the quality. The shoes looked quite cheap and they had a plastic pink clutch that was absolutely horrid... I guess some things do not translate well for low production costs!

I bought Karl Largerfeld for H&M in the sale years ago.

I'd rather save up for the real thing including Chanel or KL (even pre-loved or vintage is better quality).

I like H&M but for basics or on a seasonal whim.