Designer bags turning up at Goodwill

^^ I know and I don't blame you. My store is located at the suburbs of Atlanta. We get donations from all over Atlanta, but we always look forward to getting donations from Buckhead, Johns Creek and Midtown. It's where all the good stuff comes from. Today, we got a painting, authenticated and they priced it for $800. And yeah, I always find money, not inside the purses but the winter coats and sometimes bathrobes. A lucky co-worker found 3 gold rings in an old bathrobe before, one got a nice chunk of ruby and 1 has 15 diamonds. It's up to the employee if they want to turn it in to the management, most of the time they don't. I found $7 once, I bought me some Indian food from next door.

My store is at Roswell, GA

I found 2 Chanel scarfs in the thrift store! Authentic! The best finds so far
I am so upset. I recently moved and lost my LV Delightful handbag. All I can think of is that I accidently put it in a bag that I donated to Goodwill. How do I find it? All I have is the date code. The receipt and everything was in the bag which was in it's dustbag.

I am so upset. I recently moved and lost my LV Delightful handbag. All I can think of is that I accidently put it in a bag that I donated to Goodwill. How do I find it? All I have is the date code. The receipt and everything was in the bag which was in it's dustbag.
Did you take the items to a local Goodwill store to donate? if so, go back to that store location and speak to the manager.

If you had a pickup done from your home, you're probably SOL.

Reactions: Starly
Can you explain what you mean by this: What exactly do you have that you're referring to as being the date code? And what is the "and everything" that you say was in the bag?
I just meant that in the bag was my receipt and everything concerning my order of it. It listed the date code on the receipt which is the code of authenticity number stamped inside the bag.

in the bag was my receipt and everything concerning my order of it. It listed the date code on the receipt which is the code of authenticity number stamped inside the bag.

So you have the date code because you wrote it down somewhere, is that what you mean?

Incidentally, I've never seen an LV receipt with a date code written on it.

I just meant that in the bag was my receipt and everything concerning my order of it. It listed the date code on the receipt which is the code of authenticity number stamped inside the bag.
Just so you know, a date code isn't proof of authenticity though. And date codes aren't unique. (Fakes have date codes, some of which are seemingly "correct," in that they're in the proper format, but that's not what proves authenticity.) But this is slightly OT.

If the receipt is in the bag and it identifies you as the purchaser, that's proof that it's your item.

So you have the date code because you wrote it down somewhere, is that what you mean?

Incidentally, I've never seen an LV receipt with a date code written on it.
To be more precise, I went to the website where I bought the purse and was able to bring up the info on it. That's how I have the date code #. I do have it written down now. You're right that the date code was probably not on the receipt but all my info was, like my name and old address now, plus method of payment and the price I paid. I thought if Goodwill found it they might try to contact me knowing that it was probably a mistake since it had all that info in it. I will no longer store my bags with their receipt inside now.

I went to the website where I bought the purse and was able to bring up the info on it. That's how I have the date code #. I do have it written down now. You're right that the date code was probably not on the receipt but all my info was..

Now I see, the bag was bought preloved from a site and not from
LV. Thanks for explaining.

I thought if Goodwill found it they might try to contact me knowing that it was probably a mistake since it had all that info in it
Goodwill and other thrifts get donations with all kinds of stuff inside. Sometimes they leave it and other times they dispose. But they probably (correctly) assume that the donor doesn't want the item or the junk inside any more and there's no reason for them to assume it's a mistake.

Unless your donation was very recent and the bag is still in the store, I'm not optimistic for you.

Goodwill and other thrifts get donations with all kinds of stuff inside. Sometimes they leave it and other times they dispose. But they probably (correctly) assume that the donor doesn't want the item or the junk inside any more and there's no reason for them to assume it's a mistake.

Unless your donation was very recent and the bag is still in the store, I'm not optimistic for you.
It was fairly recent but the only junk inside was the receipt in an envelope from the fashion house I purchased it from. I may try contacting them just in case and thank you for your concern.