Designer Bags for the Budget Conscious

elmel - I know what you mean about the longchamp! I received one as a gift, and I'm surprised at how often that's my bag of choice.

photoobsessive - I got hooked through Coach actually :smile: I own a couple of their smaller accessories and a few of their bags now, so I wanted to move on to other brands. (ho-boy).

Ooooh all those UK-based bags! Argh, you guys are killing me.

nodoubtdaisy & passerby: WOW. Thanks for the comprehensive suggestions!

For the record, I've browsed my TJ Maxx & Marshall's and realized that I love a lot of Michael Kors' stuff. Some of the Fossil leather is TDF too.

I ultimately fell in love with Ellen Tracy's buttery leather, though, and managed to score a hobo on ebay for a great price. I haven't received it yet but I just wanted to thank everyone for their help! I wouldn't have found out about Ellen Tracy if it weren't for you guys.

I know everyone looks down on Juicy Couture, but after I felt the leather in person....wow. I ended up splurging on a plainer looking tote (so it's not as..."frivolous" as some of Juicy's other stuff). If I'm shunned for liking gorgeous leather, so be it!

Thanks again for your suggestions, everyone :smile:

Lucky Brand isnt bad, DELISH leather in person! my suggestion is to keep checking @ TJMaxx and Marshalls! they're always getting different stuff in!

wilsons leather is also delicious. seriously. the bags i have anyway ;)

MittenedThings - you're in San Diego/LA? If you're in San Diego, here are my secrets...

-Off 5th Saks - when one of the girls posts a coupon for it, usually when they have a handbag event, print it out and go! I got a Kooba for about $200 (that's your price range, right?) with the normal markdown and coupon.

-TJ Maxx seems to be awesome here in San Diego (more so than in other places in California). The one nearest to Downtown SD has a lot of Coach, MK, Italian leather, and a lot of the brands the girls have been mentioning here.

-Bloomingdales, when their sales are going on, have good prices on their handbags.

Let me know if you want to know where exactly these places are and if you want to know more of where I hang (for bags, of course)...