Designer Bags for the Budget Conscious

Dillard's, you say?

I'm going to check mine out now? (were there any more where you found this one? I'm in SC )

When I was there Friday, there were two. I got one and another lady got the other one at the same time.

I'm in Houston but I'm sure other Dillard's carry similar items.

If you're interested in the Ellen Tracy Hartford Satchel, scour your local Macy's or Dillard's type department stores because I found it at Dillard's at 75% off! It was marked down to $67 and I grabbed it up!
I had been watching this bag for months!

I was/am SUPER excited.

I'm so unbelievably jealous!! We don't have any Dillard's where I am...*sighs* go figure.

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far! I'm going to spend some time looking through all the links and hopefully finding a nice bag :smile:

ExcessBaggage & Pamajama, in some ways I actually agree with you. After all, these expensive bags are investment pieces right? However, if I was to wait to save up for a gorgeous Gucci or LV, I'd end up with one lonely bag a year, if even. (I'm a college student who has to save up even to buy a Coach). In the future (when I'm working a full time job and am more financially stable), I'm definitely going to look into investment pieces. At this point in time, however, I'm choosing to buy some "more inexpensive" bags to satisfy my..."need" I guess, haha. I'm glad you guys brought up that point though; it's nice to keep that in mind as I browse the bags here.

What about the outlet stores? I was just in FL this weekend & they had an Michael Kors outlet there. Very affordable! You know, there were also a couple of really cute bags at the Fossil store. I also walked into a Hermes (so obviously NOT an outlet) & just breathed it in...lol.

Amy

i agree with a lot of the suggestions on here. I can't really think of any that were missed. Def check out Kors. That Ellen Tracy Hartford satchel is great! I think I need one now! And I think we actually might have Dillard's here? I'll check later. $67 is one heck of a bargain.

OT: Oh and nice icon "MittenedThings". That hot dog sure is... mittened. *smirk* You're the hot dog. I'm the mustard. Oh but then who is the ketchup???? I think I know!!!

I like Betsey Johnson bags when I want something relatively inexpensive and edgy.

Hobo international has great bags for the money.

yoox.com is a great place to get designer bags at at least 50% off, they have midrange designers (diesel, etc) as well as higher end ones.

Great thread topic!!

Here are some suggestions, hopefully you'll find something up your alley...

Updated Classics ($200 and up):
Cole Haan, Michael Kors, Cynthia Rowley, Lamarthe, Kenneth Cole, Via Spiga, Isabella Fiore, Donald J Pliner

Bags With Edge ($300 and up):
Lulu Guiness, Moschino (Also see there "Cheap and Chic" Line), Furla, DKNY, Vivienne Westwood, Betsey Johnson, Emilio Pucci, Cavalli (Just Cavalli is the less expensive line)

H.O.T. Now ($300-$700):
Botkier, Kooba, Gustto

The Next H.O.T Things ($300-$700):
Loeffler Randall (Lindsay/Mischa love their shoes!)
L.A.M.B. (the new couture collection rocks!!)
Tocca

Super Trendy "Designers" ($50-$300):
Kenzie, BCBGirls, BCBGMAXARIA, Hype, Franco Sarto, MAXX New York, Mae and J, Jessica Simpson (she has some cute bags on zappos)

You can find all of these bags at either zappos.com, bluefly.com, overstock.com, fashionflairs.com or shopbop.com

Good luck!
mandy

p.s. If you like "Miss Marc" line definitely check out Loop Design (at zappos)! You will love their print totes!

Just a suggestion I don't think has been mentioned: If you find that you like Tignanello or Maxx NY bags, you might want to check QVC QVC - Official Site; sometimes they carry those lines much cheaper than you can find in the stores. I just got a turquoise leather double-handle hobo made by Maxx NY and I think it was around $55. Leather is butter soft! I love it.

Just something to keep in mind!

For UK-based people, I like a lot of Russell and Bromley bags.
http://www.russellandbromley.co.uk/page.pl?id=1

I've just bought this beauty for £255. You can't order online unfortunately.

Vital%20-%20Tan%20Leather%20711338%20Large.jpg

coach is a nice starter. it worked well as a gateway drug for me! (although recently, they have dissapointed me a bit) you can get little things for under $100 and full on giant bags for under $400. what are you really looking for?