Designer Bags for the Budget Conscious

I'm aware of the Great Cheap Bags thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for "lower end" (or at least, more inexpensive) designer bags?

To put things into perspective, I'm thinking of "designer" bags/brands/lines in the same price range as Coach, Juicy, Kate Spade, and D&B. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MBMJ, but even that's pricey for me. (Well, it requires some serious saving up). You guys know much more than I do about bags & different designers, so I thought I'd turn to you for more suggestions. It doesn't have to be mainstream or popular. Just well crafted, nice looking bags.

Extra bonus points for nice leather bags or things that I can get for cheaper from ebay.

I used to think like you, that instead of spending say $1000 on a Gucci, I would spend $100 for 10 bags. Sure, you get a whole lot more bags and fun changing the bags everytime cos it's affordable to begin with. But, I would buy more of the cheaper bags and I noticed that it all added up to a Gucci at the end of the day. So, I stopped buying cheaper bags and saved for 10X$100 to get a bag that I won't toss away by next month. Think of it more of quality rather than quantity. Trust me, saving up for a bag makes the bag more beautiful to hold - I slept with my LV the first week I got her:P Anyway, just my humble opinion!

Cheers passerby, that web sit is already in my favourites. It just seems our friends across the pond have all the great handbags, or is it just me being female and wanting something I can't have :girlsigh:

Cheers passerby, that web sit is already in my favourites. It just seems our friends across the pond have all the great handbags, or is it just me being female and wanting something I can't have :girlsigh:

Well, a number of the shopping sites (eg lunaboston)do ship internationally, although for all I know the shipping charges might turn out to be astronomical.

Luna Boston | Suzy Hotrod Ruched Shoulder Tote Details
$250
20% off with code "grechen"

I used to think like you, that instead of spending say $1000 on a Gucci, I would spend $100 for 10 bags. Sure, you get a whole lot more bags and fun changing the bags everytime cos it's affordable to begin with. But, I would buy more of the cheaper bags and I noticed that it all added up to a Gucci at the end of the day. So, I stopped buying cheaper bags and saved for 10X$100 to get a bag that I won't toss away by next month. Think of it more of quality rather than quantity. Trust me, saving up for a bag makes the bag more beautiful to hold - I slept with my LV the first week I got her:P Anyway, just my humble opinion!

I agree 100%. I don't have as many bags as a lot of you, but the ones I do have (ie Burberry bucket) are classic and make me feel sooo special everytime I get them out. I think it's wiser to save and get that very extra special bag :wlae:

PS I have had my burberry for nearly 3 years...it still looks brand spanking new and makes me feel awesome everytime I pull it out...I'd rather buy the 4 bags I buy per year than say 12 or 50 that just don't "do it" after a time or two.

If you're interested in the Ellen Tracy Hartford Satchel, scour your local Macy's or Dillard's type department stores because I found it at Dillard's at 75% off! It was marked down to $67 and I grabbed it up!
I had been watching this bag for months!

I was/am SUPER excited.

Dillard's, you say?

I'm going to check mine out now? (were there any more where you found this one? I'm in SC )