Designer bags are getting up there in price!

wishgirl

Jan 11, 2014
I recently purchased I believe my last bag in my collection Neverfull MM Cerise, which I love. While I was in the boutique, I looked at the newer bags that came out August 15 or so. And I see that the price point is $2500 and up! I must say it's out of my price range. My collection of 40ish pieces, the most expensive I've spent is $2000 and that's because it's a preloved. I'm glad that my collection is now complete and I will not be purchasing another bag for a long time(at least 5 years down the road or longer). I will be rotating between my 40 bags. It's scary, and shocking how the prices goes up and up. But my income doesn't go up at the same rate. I'd love to hear what you all think about this issue. Thank you.

I know it seems like they all are going up up up ! I still will be buying bags but not as many . i have bought a couple preloved that were in excellent condition ..I bought my mini Chanel last year for 2200 now its 2900 its crazy the way prices are going up !

I agree and wish I had started my collection a long time ago. I think I have only two or three more bags to go for my collection.

I guest the designers will figure out when they have reached there max price point when sales drop.

Yep, this is going on not only in the luxury market, but all over too. The daily necessities of life are also going up as well as utilities such as water, electricity and power. I guess its to do with inflation, but seriously corporations can't raise everything all at once, while our incomes are still at this 'pre-inflated' rate.. its simply not fair!

yep, this is going on not only in the luxury market, but all over too. The daily necessities of life are also going up as well as utilities such as water, electricity and power. I guess its to do with inflation, but seriously corporations can't raise everything all at once, while our incomes are still at this 'pre-inflated' rate.. Its simply not fair!

+1

I am hoping LV will someday get a Mulberry reaction where buyers don't feel the latest price increase are worth it anymore especially to the canvas products!

I recently purchased I believe my last bag in my collection Neverfull MM Cerise, which I love. While I was in the boutique, I looked at the newer bags that came out August 15 or so. And I see that the price point is $2500 and up! I must say it's out of my price range. My collection of 40ish pieces, the most expensive I've spent is $2000 and that's because it's a preloved. I'm glad that my collection is now complete and I will not be purchasing another bag for a long time(at least 5 years down the road or longer). I will be rotating between my 40 bags. It's scary, and shocking how the prices goes up and up. But my income doesn't go up at the same rate. I'd love to hear what you all think about this issue. Thank you.
I was thinking the very same thing when I saw the prices on the newer items. This is just getting out of hand. They are making it very difficult to keep up. I know they want to be exclusive but this is getting ridiculous!...But I must say how I love when you mentioned so casually that you'll just have to rotate between your 40 bags...Lol!...Priceless!!! I guess you'll just have to make do...I feel your pain. LOLOLOL!!! If only we could resist the constant draw of LV.

+1

I am hoping LV will someday get a Mulberry reaction where buyers don't feel the latest price increase are worth it anymore especially to the canvas products!

Hahaha I hope a lot of brands get that Mulberry reaction!! I would be more satisfied if they kept their quality up there like the old days with the raised prices.. But at this rate, LV in question - thinner canvas, etc. with higher prices.. I am not the most happy shopper out there!

Luxury brands like to increase they prices to keep up to their "exclusively" in the sense that only people of certain income group can start to afford.

I do think that this applies to many industries, even well respected professions like medical aesthetics. I had once overheard a clinic's marketing head briefly his staffs of increasing 50% across all services. Some staffs opposed to the increase being too steep, making them unaffordable and uncompetitive. But the marketing head replied coldly that the clinic's direction is no longer to woo the cheapskates. What they are after are at least the middle upper class ladies as customers, not just any tom, dick or harry.

I am with you here I have eight big bags and two small bags total of 10 bags and I think I'm bag content for a little while anyway. Not too sure I can continue to pay the prices for the bags that I'm looking at. I would even love to have a leather LV but I'm just not willing to pay that 3000+ price tag. Not to mention the weight of the bags. I am with you I set my limit at $2000 anything over that is really hard for me to buy. I want a black leather bag and I am looking at Burberry for that - cheaper!

And wow 40 bags that's a lot how on earth do you rotate those?

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
+1

I agree. I bought the NF before the interior changed, but otherwise can't see myself spending what they're asking for on canvas anymore. The cost just doesn't make sense to me.