Designer Bag For A Funeral......?

I'm surprised by the number of posts pointing out the blatantly obvious, delivering stern lectures on manners, respect, etc. :noggin:

I think I can safely assume that ALL of us (yes, even those of us who were raised by wolves:smile:) knows perfectly well what NOT to wear for a funeral. One picks up such things at a very tender age, just as how to use cutlery properly.

I still think the purpose of the original post was a bit of good lighthearted fun, but then I might be gravely (no pun intended!) mistaken... Never heard of "cemetery humour"? It's a classic old genre...
:death::greengrin::devil::ninja::borg:

Well, a designer bag would be the last thing on my mind at a time like that, but I would be tasteful about it, nothing that screams for attention. Maybe something black and discreet that matched what I was wearing.

I think it all depends on the person. Some people request that people don't wear black - they look at a funeral/wake as a celebration of that person's life.

I actually don't think it's too bad. She's wearing a sombre colour throughout her outfit and just a flash of colour comes from her bag.

I wore black to my Grandma's funeral but a pale pink shirt as it was her favourite colour...wearing a colour doesn't have to mean its disrespectful.

;)

{ That's lovely. Yeah, I agree, sometimes a little soft flash of the loved ones favourite colour is a really sweet tribute to the loved one they lost. } :heart:

I'd probably take one of the black ones, personally.

If it was a traditional funeral, I don't think I'd wear black and then carry an orange bag, myself.

I think the brown ones would be OK, too. :yes:

If it was me, I'd probably carry a black clutch bag; unless it was a more casual affair, in which case, I'd follow the dress code (or lack of it!).

I'm surprised by the number of posts pointing out the blatantly obvious, delivering stern lectures on manners, respect, etc. :noggin:

I think I can safely assume that ALL of us (yes, even those of us who were raised by wolves:smile:) knows perfectly well what NOT to wear for a funeral. One picks up such things at a very tender age, just as how to use cutlery properly.

I still think the purpose of the original post was a bit of good lighthearted fun, but then I might be gravely (no pun intended!) mistaken... Never heard of "cemetery humour"? It's a classic old genre...
:death::greengrin::devil::ninja::borg:

Well, it kind of was really, but I wasn't really paying attention to what I was typing and reading it back, it's a bit wierd. But, interesting as some people who've posted have said some really sweet things - like the girl who wore a pink shirt coz it was her Grandmother's favourite colour - I thought that was so lovely, nearly made me cry!:crybaby:

I'd hope that if you're attending a funeral, you're not really concerned about the bag you're carrying. Hopefully you'd be focused on comforting the bereaved family. Putting a lot of thought into your funeral wardrobe seems pretty tacky to me.

ITA - of course, what really matters is the fact that someone close to us has died, so really, we should be able to roll up to the funeral wearing jeans and a T-shirt and looking totally unkempt, if we like, as we are too distressed to care. :yes:

However, at many funerals, one would be considered disrespectful if one didn't arrive looking smart and wearing black clothes; so we are, therefore, forced to consider wardrobe, whether we want to, or not. :shrugs:

Unless the funeral was Donatella Versace's or something. You know that she has a clause in her will that states everyone who attends her funeral must look faaaaabulous. :winkiss:

:lol:

I think I might have one of those, too.

It would be hilarious to think of everyone having to dress up! Especially most of my friends, who aren't interested in fashion, at all!

I agree with being respectful and looking chic at the same time. For me, I always match my outfit with my bag, so I would probably use a black bag anyways. I have a really great black Gucci clutch that I would probably use. But also, during that time of grief and suffering I really don't think people would notice much if someone came in with a pink bag. I know that I have never noticed anyone or what they were wearing at any of the funeral's that I have been too. :s

Uh, if I'm attending a funeral, I likely didn't put a lot of thought in to what bag I was carrying... I agree with whomever said putting tons of thought in to what you're going to wear to a funeral just seems well... I don't even know the word I'm looking for here. Just kind of tacky. It's a funeral, not a fashion show.

Attending a funeral as a token of respect does require some thought at to what one wears. IMO, something quiet and conservative all around. Nothing that stands out and I would never carry an orange bag. JMHO