Home & Garden Designer and Other Furniture

Hey somethinggood……this is a great thread. During this pandemic, I went from full time professor/artist ……..to tiny yorkie slave/household refiner (aka fussing arounder). I know we aren’t suppose to like amazon, but I have so many new gadgets. I have this house dialed in like never before.

Hey somethinggood……this is a great thread. During this pandemic, I went from full time professor/artist ……..to tiny yorkie slave/household refiner (aka fussing arounder). I know we aren’t suppose to like amazon, but I have so many new gadgets. I have this house dialed in like never before.
Hey maxxout! Glad you are here! I always perceived your style and pics as artistic so I'm not surprised this is your profession.

I hate that I buy from Amazon but Lord, I still sure do :blush: Home gadgets paradise! :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 880 and maxxout
Among other items I'm now impatiently waiting for this little Eames guy in the pic below to arrive. My kids will think it's for them but nope, it's for me. Well, as a home decor object it is for the whole family but in reality it's for me!, me!, me! :lol: Every home needs an oliphant :yes:

download.jpeg

Before the thought of my poor oliphant deprived children brings anyone to tears, the kids actually have their own. It's from Danish bObles, who make fantabulous toys for playing, motor skills, just sitting on etc. We have a few and they are some of my kids' most used toys.

bobles1.jpeg
bobles2.jpeg

Among other items I'm now impatiently waiting for this little Eames guy in the pic below to arrive. My kids will think it's for them but nope, it's for me. Well, as a home decor object it is for the whole family but in reality it's for me!, me!, me! :lol: Every home needs an oliphant :yes:

View attachment 5225742

Before the thought of my poor oliphant deprived children brings anyone to tears, the kids actually have their own. It's from Danish bObles, who make fantabulous toys for playing, motor skills, just sitting on etc. We have a few and they are some of my kids' most used toys.

View attachment 5225758
View attachment 5225759

So cute! Enjoy!

View attachment 5225742

View attachment 5225758
View attachment 5225759
Love this!

Hello to you all, I really enjoyed seeing this discussion, have to say you all have very beautiful, good taste and style.
The pieces I love lost around my home are my antiques, I have bought it when I was living in a certain country also love the fact that it’s unique. I love my coffee table is more than 100 years old and it has mother of pearl she is full of scratches and dents but makes my heart sing. I love this wooden side table also handmade in Africa, a wooden chees also made in Africa. My dining room table also made in Africa with a hardwood. Another antique piece is this side table, she has been placed in the entrance on the side depending where we live. I have a few more bits and pieces I will see if I can take pics and shares.I have attached attach pictures for you all. Thank you for letting me share.
I've wanted to mention your side table which is beautiful as is your whole apartment. Would you mind sharing where it's from in Africa? (If too personal, just ignore!)

More on topic, couches. We are tentatively exploring have a low piece that faces opposite ways in front of the fireplace, and higher backed couches on either end (like an H formation. But our interior designer sent us beautiful pics of L shaped couches, so IDK.

Our interior designer sent these (we have a weekly meeting with him, the architect, and lighting designer): (the original Galeria Philia couch; Joris Pogglioli; and, some other customizable lounge like couch. (The last one, in a smaller format, might be nice for the dressing room which will end up being our lounge sitting room space. I joke with DH that if I put a mini fridge in there, i could live in just those two rooms. . .
View attachment 5064668 View attachment 5064673 View attachment 5064677

these couches below, designer thinks are too structured (from molteni &cie)
View attachment 5064690 View attachment 5064691
I love the cylinder couch, but I’m not sure where my mom would sit when she comes over. At least on the structured couches, I can put an extra cushion down :biggrin: she finds
our current Eames chair a bit low.

I think these are from Minotti but I could be totally mistaken (we’ve seen a lot of couches. somehow I feel that if we can select even one couch, it will set the tone for the rest. I found it simpler to pick a fireplace or bathroom than a couch. Go figure.
the last pic is a molteni &cie closet system. DH thought it looked good but felt flimsy and we’re just lining two opposing walls with an accessory semi circle on the connecting wall. We like paltrona frau armchairs for the master bedroom (I will post later if I find them).
View attachment 5064706View attachment 5064708View attachment 5064709View attachment 5064705
Have you chosen the sofa yet? Number 2 and 8 are my favourites although compared to each other they must be two very different sofas to sit on.

I've wanted to mention your side table which is beautiful as is your whole apartment. Would you mind sharing where it's from in Africa? (If too personal, just ignore!)

Have you chosen the sofa yet? Number 2 and 8 are my favourites although compared to each other they must be two very different sofas to sit on.
Hi thank you so much, not at all my furniture the dining room também is from this company in Mozambique https://m.facebook.com/TCTDalmann/
However the coffee table is an antique price that I bought when we lived in Singapore it’s so old. I bought it in Singapore, I do think we get the coffee table any more, but the furniture is from this company called Dalman tct, the coffee table was bought in Singapore, the company is called just Anthony.i hope that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880