Design your own scarf

attachment.php

Attachments

• dyi.jpg
    dyi.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 500
Oh, I originally thought that Hermes was letting customers completely design their own, unique scarves, but it seems like this is more of a "personalization" thing, rather than a "submit your own scarf art" kind of thing, as it seems like they've already got a choice of scarf art, and you just get to choose your desired color way and add your own words to the scarf. Well, bottom-line-wise, that makes a lot more sense, since I imagine it'd be a hell of a lot expensive for them to make new silkscreens for every single customer who wanted a "custom" scarf.

Sounds like a lovely idea - can imagine for a special occurrence (new baby, big anniversary/birthday, etc.), it can be a great way to mark the occasion, especially if the receiver is a scarf lover! Wonder how much something like this costs...and how long it takes. Still, for that special someone/something, it could be a really amazing gift that is very individual (hint hint DH!)

Really? That is VERY reasonable, I'm quite surprised. I thought it would be much, much more...

...oh my, I think I'll have to stop by my local H-oasis asap and see the options:love:

I think the price quoted by Mme de la Paix is for the embroidery customization, not the custom printed scarf mentioned in the article. Please clarify Mme de la Paix, if you can.

Avec un prix variant en fonction du nombre de caractères (de 35 à 70€), Hermès se positionne sur la tendance de la customisation et de l'unicité, de plus en plus plébiscitée par le public et déjà initiée par de nombreuse marques.

so 30 to 70 euros depending on the number of letters
according to these sources, for the embrodery.

http://www.puretrend.com/rubrique/actualites_r11/un-carre-hermes-personnalise_a48660/1

http://www.leparisien.fr/laparisienne/mode/un-carre-hermes-personnalise-11-01-2011-1224047.php

I think the price quoted by Mme de la Paix is for the embroidery customization, not the custom printed scarf mentioned in the article. Please clarify Mme de la Paix, if you can.

Yes, just for embroidery - a monogram, a name, a date or the like, sewn in the corner of a scarf or gavroche from the current collection. (and I see from Liberté's post, this price is variable.)

I agree Julide, my mind is spinning! I'll bet the patterns offered are ones with only a few screens. Could you imagine them offering this on a 20 plus screen scarf?:wacko: