Desicion regarding next Chanel purchase

lyndaht83

May 10, 2014
Im hoping i can get a few opinions on what my next Chanel purchase should be. I currently have

Black Small CF Caviar GHW
Black M/L CF Lambskin SHW
Black GST SHW
Black lambskin WOC SHW
(yes i love black lol)

Anyways I'm debating on getting either a Boy Chanel black of course or the Reissue 225 GHW. What do you guys think? Im a very casual dresser, and very plain jane per se. I don't dress up very often. I am a jeans and flip flops girl. I even wear my CF in my jeans and flip flops. I keep reading here on this forum and blogs and even hearing about the boy Chanel being a "fad." I can kind of see how it can be seen as just a trend for now, but I am not so sure. And with the reissue my friends say it's too similar to the CF. I don't know. I can't have both (wish i could :P:P) but for now just one. What are your opinions of both purses. which one is more lets just say a purse that i can use into my older years. I am 32 with 2 kids, need a purse that is also crossbody cus i have a toddler that likes to run

Im hoping i can get a few opinions on what my next Chanel purchase should be. I currently have

Black GST SHW
Black lambskin WOC SHW
(yes i love black lol)

Anyways I'm debating on getting either a Boy Chanel black of course or the Reissue 225 GHW. What do you guys think? Im a very casual dresser, and very plain jane per se. I don't dress up very often. I am a jeans and flip flops girl. I even wear my CF in my jeans and flip flops. I keep reading here on this forum and blogs and even hearing about the boy Chanel being a "fad." I can kind of see how it can be seen as just a trend for now, but I am not so sure. And with the reissue my friends say it's too similar to the CF. I don't know. I can't have both (wish i could :P:P) but for now just one. What are your opinions of both purses. which one is more lets just say a purse that i can use into my older years. I am 32 with 2 kids, need a purse that is also crossbody cus i have a toddler that likes to run
I think you should get the boy for sure!!! it sounds like it would be perfect for you. the reissue you can always get down the road as it is timeless. I do see the boy becoming very popular !!! I like how you pair your classics with casual.. me too :smile:
Good luck

Out of all my Chanel bags, the reissue is the one I use most. It is more understated, so I use it for all occasions- great for those times you might not want the attention a flap sometimes gives. Also, I have the 226 and it fits great as a cross body. The reissue comes in distressed calf and I love that leather- seems like you don't have to baby it as much and that the distressed leather would better camouflage imperfections. So, I vote for the reissue- would be great with the kids and the causal wear. The boy is a great bag as well, just to early to tell if it will continue to stay as popular and become a classic. Hope this helps.

I'm 58, wear classic pieces and just purchased my 2nd boy. They look wonderful with all types of clothing. I have a 226 but find it is not one I reach for very often

Ah I can't decide between a reissue and a boy too! For me I think a reissue is more similar to a boy than it is to a classic flap, because both the reissue (with the distressed leather) and the boy give a more edgy look whereas a classic flap is more feminine and well...classic. So I don't think it will be wise to get both, but at this point I can't decide which I prefer. They are similar in their type of use but different in the way they appeal to me — the boy I love for the option for smooth leather and the chunky hardware and the reissue I love for it's understated look that's edgy and elegant at the same time.

For your needs and lifestyle, I would think a reissue is more suitable and versatile though! Also, although I love the chunky hardware now, I can't decide if I will find it dated or tacky in a few years' time.

I have both boy and reissue and I find myself using the reissue more because use of its low maintenance. Very sturdy! Adds a wow factor to any plain outfit I have and with 2 kids I don't need to worry when I take the reissue out! U will be totally hooked once u get it!

I have both boy and reissue and I find myself using the reissue more because use of its low maintenance. Very sturdy! Adds a wow factor to any plain outfit I have and with 2 kids I don't need to worry when I take the reissue out! U will be totally hooked once u get it!

+1 especially when I am dressed extremely casual, it adds a little boost of chic to the outfit. Don't forget to factor in your lifestyle. CC logos are not appropriate for lot of people coz of the kind of work they do etc. etc. Good luck.

Black GST SHW
Black lambskin WOC SHW
(yes i love black lol)

It sounds as if the Boy would be the logical choice based on what you've shared about your style, but I love the Reissue 2.55, especially in black/ gold combo and it will be my next Chanel bag. Good luck deciding.

I'm a jeans and flip flop girl as well for the most part. I have a couple of reissues and a boy. I love both but if I had to pick, I would go for the reissue. It's understated and does not feel bulky imo.