Travel Des Moines, Iowa TIPS & TREATS Please!!!

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies! I have to take my son up to Grinnell College in Iowa in August...and will be traveling to Des Moines several times a year. Never been. Any tips for me? Good hotels? Location? High end shopping? I live in Mexico, so I need to make the most of my trips to the US for shopping and culture, dining and pleasure. So if any of you can tell me about the in's and out's of Des Moines, I'm all ears. Thanks! :heart::flowers:

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
NO ONE from Des Moines out there???? Please ladies...! I'm dying here! That's going to be my shopping destination when I fly in from the U.S. and I gotta know if there's some high end stuff going on there! Pretty please?

Jul 21, 2006
Hey, TropicalGal! How the heck are ya? I am so sorry that I don't have any info for you, but I can suggest that you go to Trip Advisor and plug in Des Moines. It is a very useful site because travelers give their recommendations and post their comments on how they felt about their visit. I only passed through Des Moines on my trip out west. My hubby and I just got back from a 10-day cruise to the southern caribbean....our first visit there.....not really close to where you are, but I'll bet we shared the same weather anyway.....good luck in your search! You might not get too many answers because DesMoines is not really a vacation spot, but we should have some forum members who live there.......