Dept. Store Chanel Bag protector cloth

anticattt

Aug 23, 2010
So I bought my Chanel Jumbo bag at Neiman Marcus and I didn't get the cloth piece that protects the bag that fits under the flap part. So the SA sends me one but it's not same one that I would get from a Chanel store. Should the Chanel bag cloth all come with the same cloth? Do any of you who bought their Chanel bag from a dept store or NM experienced this? Thanks in advance

IMO that piece really doesn't do much especially if the bag is smooth calf/caviar. I only tuck it under my lamb bags to reduce the flattening of the quilts but really it makes no difference. That said, I've only had one of my bags come with the felt and it really isn't that important.

I'm sure there is not much use for it and that's not what I'm asking. But more of if I buy something I expect it to come in it's original state. And in this case, I like to find out if any of you had this happen before. :smile: Because I am having major issues with this SA, not only did it not come with one. I had to get her to send one and it's been more than a month, in which I finally just got today. And only to find out that it's not the original felt piece. Sigh..

I just bought a caviar jumbo from Neiman Marcus about 2 weeks ago and mine came with the felt protection piece along with the dustbag. I am not sure if it is the same as the Chanel store I have only bought Chanel from Neimans.

^ Same here. Experienced the exact same thing with Hirsh & BG.

OP: I think you need a new SA. A month is totally unacceptable. On a side note, I read on here that you can go to an arts supply store to buy the same white felt that Chanel has. Just make measurements of how much you need & cut it out yourself.

i have had different felt pieces of different shapes. some with slit for lock others curved like flap, some white some dark... and once none but a piece of tissue paper folded over that way. i don't know who provides them originally but i don't think this is a big deal at all... if they are in fact providing one when you ask.. unless you think the material will actually harm the bag in some way... and yes i have noticed that some craft felt is exactly the same in case you need to replace...

I've bought bags from the Chanel boutiques in Paris, London and Singapore and none of them came with the felt cloth. They came with the dustbag and tissue stuffed inside the bag, wrapped around the chains and placed under the flap.

Reactions: Yannan W.