depressing relationship :( (kinda long)

I agree with everything Bagnshoofetish said. First and foremost you have to love and respect yourself, and do not settle. There is someone out there that will give you the love and respect you deserve!

Rebecca, you deserve better, girl. Listen to your heart. I'm wondering whether you can sustain it in the long run. If its too emotionally draining for you, do take that signal seriously.

A dear relative of mine dated a guy for 15 years who did nothing for her. I mean he was not there emotionally but she somehow had this hope that he would change...... He would not spend money on her, he did buy food so she could cook for him... great it was like having your mother take care of you. I was in disbelief of the things that went on, I think the one thing that stand out is that she was very sick, home from the hospital and she asked him to go to McDonalds and buy her a milkshake and he did and CHARGED her for it. She finally moved away but had this twisted thing that he would come after her. He never did. She wasted her life thinking they would get married, she wasted her age in having a child. So if you are getting red lights and to me he sounds totally immature and selfish he isn't going to change. Is it worth your time to deal with this emotional abuse. You deserve better.
Hugs.

Rebecca
I was dating a thoughtless turd about 7 years ago. The last straw for me was when I made him a birthday cake and he said "it looked okay, but choclate would have been better". I went to work really mad and was complaining to a guy I worked with. Well, that guy showed me how a woman should be treated. He treated me better when we where friends than "turd-face" treated me the whole year and a half we were together. Now I am about to have my 2nd wedding anniversary with the guy I worked with.
So yes, there are guys out there who will treat you like you should be treated. I'm just not sure it's your current guy.