Travel Denver Jeep rental?

natalie78

Did you die?
O.G.
May 6, 2008
Texas
DH and I are going to Colorado Springs next summer. I am trying to get a leg up on our planning so I know how much money I have to save. Each time we go on vacation, we rent a Jeep Wrangler so we can go off-roading on trails and other areas where cars can't go. I have searched all the car rental companies at the Denver airport, and found that none have Wranglers for rent! I've looked at some of the outdoor adventure companies, but most of them only rent for day trips and charge per day what we usually pay for an entire week! I did find on that will rent by the week, but it's two hours away from Denver International and their rates are completely rediculous. I am not paying $1200 to rent for a week.

Anyone know of any places that rent Wranglers in Denver? Or even Colorado Springs? I don't care if it's a junker.

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
If Wrangler production ramped down, it is possible that the rental companies won't have any. I don't track these kind of things but a short google search led me to believe that production was cut and then added back in.

Google is your friend on this one (I am not - haha - I am tired now) Alternately I would look for another 4w vehicle that will meet your needs.

Other than that (if I am wrong about the production thing, and that IS possible) then just start tracking prices. If your vacation is in 2010, then you have some time, and I would think you should be able to come up with some options.

We got a 4x drive from Denver to Breckenridge for $50/day less than a month out. I think a good price is doable. Good luck!

natalie78

Did you die?
O.G.
May 6, 2008
Texas
Thanks Christine. Every company has 4wd vehicles, so I guess I'll just go for the cheapest one I can get.

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Well lesson learned. Never post when tired and doing only a limited search. :biggrin: Wranglers are alive and well.

That is weird that you can't find any - I tried random dates at Dollar and Budget from Denver and even though they say they rent them, nothing. Did you call the rental places to ask whats up?

natalie78

Did you die?
O.G.
May 6, 2008
Texas
I called all of the rental companies at Denver International and found the same thing. Their web sites all show Wranglers, but nothing on the reservations page. The reps on the phone all indicated that they don't have them, but they don't know why. I cannot imagine that there is not a market for them in Colorado.

I called a few other companies that are around the city, but couldn't find any. There is still plenty if time, so I hope something will pop up in the next few months.