Dentelle SPeedy is Finally Home ***Tons Of Pics******

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
It made it here on the 2 PM truck. Hubby grabbed it and started running down the street with it to bug me....yea I chased him in my slippers (neighbors must LOVE us).

Anyhow....it was LOVE at first sight. It is simply gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much better IRL than in the pics....the detailing is amazing...the leather is TDF!
The inside is a light brown color...with two pockets (like the Epi speedys). Came with a little care booklet that basically said don't rub against anything abrasive. Oh....it comes stuffed (just like the Epis do) in a big box....no folding this baby!

It is not as 'in your face' as everyone said. I think I can rock it with jeans and a tee! But...any fashion advice on what to wear with it is appreciated!

And finally....this is my last bag until probably early summer (Hampstead or the Amarante Roxbury).....and to-date is my most expensive purchase (my MC speedy was bought used)!

And totally as an aside....I had just finished the last/final draft of my Masters proposal when the doorbell rang! It must've been fate!

Without further ado...pics (I have a TON so the next couple posts will be pics.....I wanted to be detailed for those of you on the fence):

Speedy by herself...just out of the box:

100_1828.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1830.jpg

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

YAY! :yahoo: I can see them here at work! It is like a work of art really. So pretty, but yet, you can wear her with anything. Perfect twiggers! :love:
And what a great end to your long road to prepare for your Masters proposal.:flowers:
Yours and Veronika's pics sold me on getting a dentelle pochette wallet---I gotta have a piece of the action! :P

Thanks Michele!!!!!!!! I opened the box with trepidation after hearing people either love it or hate it. But man I love it!!!!!!!!! And the smell of the leather from the handles...yummy!

I got mine this morning as well....I don't know how should I feel about it.

I love..the art work..the lace..it's so fabulous. But, it also made the canvas fluffy, KWIM?

And the lace is sooooo delicate, I'm afraid I will torn it someday.

:sad:

Anyway, congrats on your new bag!!! :yahoo:

^^that is precisely why until we see things in person, i reserve judgement, bc most of the time, been so pleasantly surprised esp with lines i am really on the fence about... lovely, you enjoy it!

YAY congrats it is gorgeous I totally agree with you it better IRL life you really have to see them to decide it just doesn't come over in pics.

I think it may grow on those who are undecided or said they didn't like it.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!! Yea the slippers was funny....the groomer was leaving my house and I'm chasing hubby across the lawn and down the street to get my box. She probably won't come back!

I don't see it as being any more delicate than say something like Vernis. I baby my bags though...and this is definetly not a 'toss-around' kind of bag!

I do have a sense that the bag is more structured than regular mono......but I LOVE structured bags (like my Epi speedy)......but it does make it seem 'puffier'.