Dentelle ambivalence - decided against the speedy & got...

south-of-france

Work hard, play hard
O.G.
May 4, 2006
Ok as some of you know I got the call for the dentelle speedy in gold yesterday and today I went to the LV store to look at both, the silver and the gold. The silver would have looked better on me, but I didn't like it by looking at it. I liked the look of the gold but it didn't suit me :shrugs:
The SA, a very very helpful one, took an hour to get me through the should-I-or-should-I-not-and-if-which-one and finally I let them go. Not even 5 mins. after I decided against a speedy an older lady came in, in her late 50s I believe, looked at the silver speedy, asked how much and bought it on the spot, it took her about 2 mins.! So then I thought maybe it's an age thing?? :shrugs: It looked really really chic on her, and somehow weird on me.

Then I decided I still wanted something from the dentelle line. I looked at the ludlow, the larger version of the ludlow (the billfold), the pochette wallet etc. :rolleyes: and because I love wallets that fit everywhere decided on the ludlow gold, which I liked because it complimented the LV canvas coloring and the gold button. Now I'm not 100 % sure I'll keep it:sweatdrop: I'm mulling it over till tomorrow. I really like the pomme d'amour and might get the bigger version of the ludlow though, the billfold, it's about 10x11 cm.

I could have finished there but I wanted to take a look at the Brentwood (great bag but reaaaaally red in pomme), the Houston (too wide and too small), the boxy little one I forgot the name (so cute, but even smaller) and then I remembered the roxbury drive. I thought it would be too fancy for me, but you never know so I asked. They didn't have it in pomme but she showed me the noisette. Now I love chic colors and this just melted me completely. I never thought I'd like this nut-beige but I think it's sooooo chic, young and gorgeous :love: So we even went outside on the street with a pomme bag and the noisette roxbury and it was clear to me right then and there! The pomme would be nice but not easy to wear in a bag, whereas the noisette would be beautifully chic and shiny and would go with everything. I fell in love on the spot and brought her home!!! :yahoo::heart:
Also great is the removable strap which provides a perfect-length strap for the pochette! :idea:

So here are a few pics & if you like tell me whether I should go for the pomme billfold instead of the dentelle ludlow. TIA!

Attachments

• ludlow.jpg
    ludlow.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 558
  • ludlow1.jpg
    ludlow1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 108
  • ludlow2.jpg
    ludlow2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 106
  • ludlow3.jpg
    ludlow3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 103
The Roxbury Pics and modeling pics, please excuse the casual outfit and the mirror:

Attachments

• modelingpic.jpg
    modelingpic.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 124
  • modelingpic1.jpg
    modelingpic1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 113
  • modelingpic2.jpg
    modelingpic2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 108
  • roxburybag.jpg
    roxburybag.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 103
  • roxbury-interior.jpg
    roxbury-interior.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 102
Gorgeous choices....I love the dentelle ludlow with your bag! I also didn't care for the speedy....unfortunately not my thing. My family liked it and the large wallet...but I think I'd like a dentelle ludlow after seeing yours! Keep it!

Thanks :smile: Since both Dentelle and Pomme are confirmed seasonals, I really don't know which one. All I know is I'm not sure about the dentelle ludlow, I somehow don't like its dull interior... but outside it's nice... hmmm

Damn I love that Roxbury bag! Your pics make me want to carry mine tomorrow! I have it in pomme and might wear it with a head-to-toe black outfit...