Denim Transfer + Flaking Leather

Hanakimi

Oct 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I purchased a nappa cloquet a few years ago and just wore it for the first time a couple of weekends ago. I originally had a protective treatment put on it professionally when I purchased the bag.

Well, I wore it for a day and got denim transfer. Even worse, I see the leather flaking and looking worn on some areas. I don't know what to do. If I try to clean the denim transfer, will it cause the transfer in the flaked area to simply deepen? Do I condition the bag to stop the flaking? I tried taking a pic to show an area with both.

Please help. :sad: Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-06-15-59-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-06-15-59-26.png
    1 MB · Views: 324
Hi, I'm sorry about the transfer, Lovin My Bags' has a product Bye Bye Dye (link: http://www.lovinmybags.co/bye-bye-dye/) but you could also ask Barbara for advice about your bag.

Hope it works out.

Thank you for the reply, dear! I've tried contacting Barbara a few times to no avail, both through emails and by phone. I believe the leather is untreated, which also makes me wonder what to do. I've seen a lot of tips in the forum about denim transfer, but the flaking concerns me and I don't want a cleanser to make things worse. But then, should untreated bags have conditioner put on them? I'm not sure.

I appreciate your help. :heart:

ETA: I've just zoomed in on the flaking part. The denim transfer is elsewhere as well.

Small non-update: baby wipes didn't do anything.
I personally use loving my bags vachetta cleaser for everything vachetta and non-vachetta leather because I found that it doesn't scuff my purses after cleaning. Just the other day, I used it on my Marc Jacobs Orange Cross body bag and it worked fine. My jeans had caused some color transfer to the bag. I've also used it on my Miu Miu wallet and it didn't ruin it.

I personally use loving my bags vachetta cleaser for everything vachetta and non-vachetta leather because I found that it doesn't scuff my purses after cleaning. Just the other day, I used it on my Marc Jacobs Orange Cross body bag and it worked fine. My jeans had caused some color transfer to the bag. I've also used it on my Miu Miu wallet and it didn't ruin it.

Do you follow up with some kind of protectant, sps21?

Thanks for sharing! :smile: