Denim skirts?

i used to wear them more in high school, but now that i'm older, not as much. i'll be 23 and i wear them sometimes in the summer, usually when i'm going to the beach because they're easy w/ a bathing suit, or to wear w/ a cute t-shirt to be more relaxed. with a tight shirt, i feel like i'm in high school trying to be cute, so i don't do that anymore.

I love them! I have a one that's a couple years old, think it's Chip & Pepper. Still my fav. Not a micro mini like A & F and Ruehl. Great with a tank on a hot day or night.

I love them, wear them all the time on the weekends! I like that they aren't as hot as wearing long jeans but it looks cuter and better than jean shorts. I have some that are longer and straight with a slit in the front and some with ruffles or pleats at the bottom.

i used to wear them more in high school, but now that i'm older, not as much. i'll be 23 and i wear them sometimes in the summer, usually when i'm going to the beach because they're easy w/ a bathing suit, or to wear w/ a cute t-shirt to be more relaxed. with a tight shirt, i feel like i'm in high school trying to be cute, so i don't do that anymore.

I agree with this, when I wear them, I feel like I'm in high school again. Overall, I'm not too big of a fan of them.

I think they're cute! But definitely when you're going for the more casual laid back look. Like, I'd never wear it out to dinner or whatever...

In the summer I prefer denim skirts over shorts... and I pair them with a tee or tank and flip flops. In the fall or spring when it's still chili outside, or even on a warmer winter day, I pair it with my uggs and a l/s shirt.

and I'm a few months from 30... so if I'm rockin' a high school look I'm either lookin' retarded trying to be 18 again, or I'm super fab for bein able to rock clothes the little chickies wear LOL

This is going to be a rude response but it's my honest opinion. Just a disclaimer!

It's funny to read this thread because I was just telling my friend the other day that I totally judge people in denim skirts. I'm sorry! I really don't like them :sweatdrop: It makes me think of Abercrombie clad 16 year olds prowling the mall who think they're all a big deal.

I can't think of anyway denim skirts can look classy, it's just so casual I can get over it. Apologies if I offended anyone!

i like denim minis but hate anything longer. of course, denim skirts have to be age appropriate (i'm 19 and can still get away with it) though. i don't wear denin minis often though because they ride up on me instead of staying where they're suppose to. people say it's because i have no meat on my bones :thinking:

I don't really like them to be honest. But that's because I'm now 26 and so don't feel that it fits the image i want to portray. Cept i will wear them to the beach on vacay just because its easy to take off for tanning.

I feel really lame now. I'm gonna burn my skirt when I get home. LOL

Now I'm going to defend myself:
I work in a professional environment, so I never get the chance to dress down (even "casual" fridays is jeans and a dressy top). So on the weekends when I'm going to tan and get my nails done and go grocery shopping, I put on my denim skirt. Its not like I'm wearing it when I go OUT out.

Ok, I feel a little better. Don't judge me!! :biggrin:

I like denim minis, but if they are longer they tend to look a little weird to me. Having said that, not all denim minis are created equal, I don't like the overly destroyed ones or the ones with those odd exposed pockets on the bottom that were oh so popular at Abercrombie a while back. I only have one denim mini and it's Rock & Republic, I love it because its simple and doesn't make me look like i'm 16 again, lol (i'm not really that much older than 16, a few years, but still, i'm not in high school anymore)