Deluxemall

Deluxemall does not guarantee that all bags sold are authentic, though the moderators do try their best to weed out suspicious sellers. I've seen them remove fishy bag ads and ban fishy characters, and if nothing else, they do post warnings all over the site that scammers will be reported to the local police. Still if you are a buyer, it pays to be cautious and have your potential purchase authenticated first by relevant experts.

To be sure, there ARE some reliable sellers in there, one of whom authenticates in TPF's Chanel thread. ;)

^ Agrees. Mostly Singaporean dealer. Some lovely Chanel TPFers also deal there (of course, most TPFer whom I recognise are selling authentic stuffs like luxedream, nighteyes, sasaave and myself). Of course, like any online site, there is bound to be fakes. Saw a few amount of fakes around that website.

Be careful when buying or selling on that site! It's like ebay. The mods do their best to remove scam artists and there are some nice people there, but be leery of suspicious buyers and questionable sellers. I've seen some users swap bags using that site and received fakes unknowingly(!).

Thanks.. yeap I saw both of you over there! :smile: I'm mostly looking to sell... so the protocol is just to meet up... but the buyers not necessarily buy?

I decided to list my bags on deluxemall because a Singaporean buyer would mean immediate payment (COD) without the hassle of shipping or returns from overseas. I don't have an ebay account anymore -- Too many people trying to scam me there! :huh:

The very first buyer whom I met through deluxemall had agreed to purchase the bag but made me wait half an hour, tried to slash prices insanely, and then decided not to purchase the bag anymore. I had a lot on my plate at work that week so I was REALLY annoyed by her unreasonable and time-wasting behavior. So I switched over to bonanzle and had a much better experience there. :smile:

As a seller, I personally would not meet up with buyers unless they had the intention to purchase. I know some sellers who are willing to meet up with buyers for 'viewings' of the bag, no strings attached, so the buyer is free to not purchase the bag. I suppose it depends on what you are comfortable with as a seller. As a potential buyer, I have never asked to view bags without a serious intention to purchase.

Last edited:
I deal the same way likewise nighteyes, if they wanna view (just for view and not confirm buying), they come all the way to my house. If they confirm buying (which is normally the case for online purchase), I will do them a favor by meeting at MRT station. Recently I just sell a LV Wallet and made a new friend! She is a very nice lady. Outta which so many I deal with, Guys generally are better purchasers as they make swift decision, don't bargain much and deal fast. Woman are a pain but that lady that I just made friend with is an exception case. She deal like guys-case, swift, fast, no bargain. Sometimes, if we are lucky, we get to deal with such nice buyers. Others tends to slash your price off. Some called you early in the morning asking your items for fun, many just enquires around. Some don't even know the market rate and when you try to be nice asked about their budget for Chanel, they quote you a price not even enough for a Coach purchase. There are indeed ridiculous buyers around. But take it with an open heart and everything will be fine. If you wanna sell, and reside in Singapore, that is a good place to start. No cost involved unlike ebay you have to pay a fee.

Sometimes I like selling on deluxemall because there's no stupid restriction like on Singapore ebay. It's freaking annoying. Especially if I'm clearing out many of my stuffs, they will restrict me to 2 or 3 bags.

I dont really like overseas transaction because of the fear of being scammed. Paypal offers no protection for us at all.

xxxxxxx don't post your seller ID on tPF :nogood:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally new to selling, do not have an ebay seller's history, and I'm trying to help my computer-illiterate mom sell her Hermes Kelly (which she has only used twice since purchasing from the Taka boutique 2007 and is sadly collecting dust). When she brought it to a 2nd-hand dealer in United Square, she was offered a shamefully paltry sum for it, considering how unused it is.

Other than on deluxemall (where I've already posted), are there any other channels for used-bag sellers in sg?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to a bag-selling newbie!

ps: dinitegrity's experience with hagglers actually sounds like my bf's experience selling used computer parts and electronic items to guys on hardwarezone forum! maybe guys only haggle with other guys!? heh

Appreciate the good work you've done with Deluxemall, Kelly :smile:

It's great that there are people who care enough to create a community of like-minded people - deluxemall is really a much-needed platform in SG. It's unfortunate that there have been and still will be abusers, so having half the forum being emblazoned with warnings is actually understandable!

I would suggest ebay or bonanzle :smile:

I'm totally new to selling, do not have an ebay seller's history, and I'm trying to help my computer-illiterate mom sell her Hermes Kelly (which she has only used twice since purchasing from the Taka boutique 2007 and is sadly collecting dust). When she brought it to a 2nd-hand dealer in United Square, she was offered a shamefully paltry sum for it, considering how unused it is.

Other than on deluxemall (where I've already posted), are there any other channels for used-bag sellers in sg?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to a bag-selling newbie!

ps: dinitegrity's experience with hagglers actually sounds like my bf's experience selling used computer parts and electronic items to guys on hardwarezone forum! maybe guys only haggle with other guys!? heh