Delivered - buyer files INR

Leahgrl

O.G.
Jun 19, 2007
I am somewhat of a newbie on Ebay, a buyer purchased an expensive top and the item was shipped via UPS. UPS said it was delivered, but the buyer said she never received the package and so she filed a INR. Does this happen often? I dont know if the buyer is telling the truth or not. I've never had anyone's item taken at their front door in a private building. How should I handle the situation?

Thanks,
Leah

I am somewhat of a newbie on Ebay, a buyer purchased an expensive top and the item was shipped via UPS. UPS said it was delivered, but the buyer said she never received the package and so she filed a INR. Does this happen often? I dont know if the buyer is telling the truth or not. I've never had anyone's item taken at their front door in a private building. How should I handle the situation?

Thanks,
Leah

What was the value of the item? Did you ship with signature confirmation and, if so, what does that say about who signed for the item?

Thanks,
Leah

I'd call UPS a call again just to reconfirm the item was delivered.
Did you insure this package since you say the top was expensive?
Can you view the tracking # yourself on UPS.com?

Ask if they can send you a copy of delivery confirmation via your e-mail.
If so, forward that to your buyer. Perhaps the package was picked
up by a neighbor.. Ask your buyer to check.. Sometimes packages turn
up very mysteriously, IYKWIM...

Last edited:
Well, i am suspicious that the buyer might be trying to get reimbursed? But, I dont want to feel so jaded yet. ha The price of the top was $350.00. I have the tracking and it says the item was delivered to her front door, i did not ask for a signature on this item. Actually, never thought to since it was going to such a nice area. My mistake. The buyer ask me to call UPS and file a claim, and I did... but idk what to think. And what can UPS do when it says the item was delivered? Thanks so much for your help...

Leah

Well, i am suspicious that the buyer might be trying to get reimbursed? But, I dont want to feel so jaded yet. ha The price of the top was $350.00. I have the tracking and it says the item was delivered to her front door, i did not ask for a signature on this item. Actually, never thought to since it was going to such a nice area. My mistake. The buyer ask me to call UPS and file a claim, and I did... but idk what to think. And what can UPS do when it says the item was delivered? Thanks so much for your help...

Leah

As long as you shipped to the address that was listed as ship to address in paypal payment receipt and is showing delivered, you will be covered by seller's protection..

Leah

I hate to sound jaded too but I don't like the sound of it when she is telling you to file a claim with UPS. If it was a legitimate INR my first reaction would be to launch a query not go right to a claim. it used to be anything over $250 required a signature. It may be that your buyer doesn't realize this and thinks she can get away with an INR.

Leah
Not to worry (on your part) because the price of the item, $350 didn't require signature confirmation for seller protection. If she files INR, she'll lose the case.

As others have implied, I too suspect a cheating buyer who doesn't know about tracking or thinks sellers are too dumb to investigate claims of non-receipt.

I've posted sample responses I've suggested sellers send to buyers when buyers claim non-receipt for items that are clearly shown as delivered. In my own experience, after I've sent these messages, the packages suddenly show up or the buyer simply disappears and you don't hear from her again. (However, do add her to your BBL.)

Here's one example. Just tweak to indicate "UPS" rather than USPS.

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...but-buyer-states-not-872446.html#post26966453

I agree with what everyone is saying here that you are covered if UPS tracking states the item is delivered. Just keep in mind that anything totaling $750 or more including shipping requires an online VIEW-ABLE signature confirmation.

The buyer lost her case on Ebay for the INR, thank you for your help. Now, the buyer is sending me emails telling me she will not pay for an item she didn't receive. She wants me to get the money back from UPS insurance for the item that was delivered, but she still states she didn't recieve it. Basically, she is demanding I get the money back from UPS so I can refund her. What am supposed to do with this? Pls help. I do not want any negative feedback and if I don't refund her, watch out. At a loss here on how to handle this...

TY,
Sherri

The buyer lost her case on Ebay for the INR, thank you for your help. Now, the buyer is sending me emails telling me she will not pay for an item she didn't receive. She wants me to get the money back from UPS insurance for the item that was delivered, but she still states she didn't recieve it. Basically, she is demanding I get the money back from UPS so I can refund her. What am supposed to do with this? Pls help. I do not want any negative feedback and if I don't refund her, watch out. At a loss here on how to handle this...

TY,
Sherri

If she can leave feedback you can probably get it removed by calling eBay (though I'm not sure if she can or not).

You filed a claim with UPS, right? See what their investigation comes up with.

If they find that the package wasn't actually delivered to her and reimburse you I'd say you should give her the money. If they deny your claim and tell you that they delivered the package to her address then tell her that. I am suspicious of the buyer here but even if the package was stolen after it was delivered it isn't your responsibility.

TY,
Sherri
I'd respond one last time to the buyer through ebay messaging with something to the effect of, "Please do not contact me again. ebay has decided the case in my favor because tracking showed proof of delivery by UPS. If you want to file a claim with UPS, feel free to do so but be prepared for them to investigate. Further contact from you will be reported to ebay."

And add her to your BBL.