Delightful DE - how's it holding up?

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi there,

I apologize if this thread already exists and I just missed it, but I know there was a bit of concern around how this bag was going to hold up over time. We have passed the one year mark of release and I was hoping to check in and see how things were going for everyone.

Thanks so much to anyone that is able to share! :smile:

I love mine. I bought it in March and have used it almost everyday. I'm not light on it and it has been thrown around a lot and it still looks new. Granted I haven't had it very long but it's been through bag hell already.

Mine looks great. I've had it since Sept 2015 and it is my most used bag so far. It still looks great and it's been caught in 2 bad rainstorms. ;) I'm so glad this was my first LV and I have zero regrets.

Mine looks good and it's 3-4 years old Neverfull GM DE. I was so surprised when I was at LV last night and a woman asked my opinion on the Favorite Mono vs DE, I don't like the patina that the vachetta leather gets. The manager was there and said well one will darken over time and the other will crack. She was outright saying that the DE is prone to cracking [emoji15]

The straps on my NF cracked a bit right where it is bent all the time, that's just wear and tear. If you drive your car you can expect to lose tread on your tires over time. But on a cross body strap there should not be any places where it is bent that way enough to tear.

Hi again!

Got mine in March on release date and no problems! Like another stated, I don't baby my everyday bags and it still looks new.

Thanks Slc! So great to hear :smile:

Mine looks great. I've had it since Sept 2015 and it is my most used bag so far. It still looks great and it's been caught in 2 bad rainstorms. ;) I'm so glad this was my first LV and I have zero regrets.

Fantastic news. I'm so glad to hear this!

Mine looks good and it's 3-4 years old Neverfull GM DE. I was so surprised when I was at LV last night and a woman asked my opinion on the Favorite Mono vs DE, I don't like the patina that the vachetta leather gets. The manager was there and said well one will darken over time and the other will crack. She was outright saying that the DE is prone to cracking [emoji15]

The straps on my NF cracked a bit right where it is bent all the time, that's just wear and tear. If you drive your car you can expect to lose tread on your tires over time. But on a cross body strap there should not be any places where it is bent that way enough to tear.

I think I would have fallen over! I can't believe she would say it flat like that. Wouldn't ... there is a possibility at least be a kinder way to say it lol. I mean, with the way the strap needs to bend to fold around the hook, I suppose it's a possibility, but that was an odd response.

Yes for sure! :smile:

I think I would have fallen over! I can't believe she would say it flat like that. Wouldn't ... there is a possibility at least be a kinder way to say it lol. I mean, with the way the strap needs to bend to fold around the hook, I suppose it's a possibility, but that was an odd response.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine since Sept and it's still immaculate except for some of the normal wrinkling along the top trim. Love it!

Glad you mentioned this. I have a Delightful but in monogram and the top trim of the bag opening is wrinkled and drives me crazy. I heard it's normal but I just don't like it. My neverful or petit noe has a similar vachetta piping but just doesn't wrinkle like the Delightful! Oh well..