Food DELICIOUS Chocolate Cake... In the MICROWAVE... In 5 Minutes!

just how bad is it?

All the info is from Calorieking.com:

fat grams/calories
Oil = 14g/124 cals
Flour = .3g/103 cals
Egg = 5g/74 cals (i used Large egg)
Sugar = 0g/93 cals
Choc Chips = 9g/160 cals
Cocoa Powder = 1.5g/25 cals
(i didn't count the cals/fat in the milk)

Fat Grams = 29.8
Calories = 579

Here's mine: I didn't have any choc chips on hand, so no choc chips. My DD suggested that I use choc syrup, so that's what I'll do next time. Thanks for this neat recipe!

Attachments

• CIMG0314.JPG
    CIMG0314.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 120
I made this tonight, followed the recipe but added a dash of salt to offset the sweetness. Three minutes was long enough for mine. The cake turned out very dense, almost chewy like a brownie, but still good for a chocolate fix!

I have made this twice:
(REALLY needed chocolate fix!!!)

1) followed first recipe and got a hard, burnt smelling mass of brown flour....

2) followed revised recipe and turned out pretty good - I agree it's more like a brownie, but not bad! while I was microwaving, I was afraid the cake was going to explode out of the cup - as it rose about 6 inches above!!!

I am VERY surprised to learn of the nutritional content... seems too high.

I've made this 3 times now, had to tweak the recipe a little bit. Make sure you use level tablespoons on the dry ingredients. Add a little extra milk, make sure to use a small egg and add a bit more oil. Only cook for 3 minutes, turn out onto a plate and drizzle Hershey's syrup on top. It's perfect! And it's wonderful with vanilla ice cream.

The thing I love MOST about this is...now I can make this for my husband and daughter and I don't have to be tempted by a whole cake sitting in my kitchen. I am dieting and taking insulin resistance medications so this will be a rare treat for me.

I am VERY surprised to learn of the nutritional content... seems too high.
the oil alone is 14 g of fat.
i wonder if you could sub unsweetened applesauce (like in regular cakes)...hmmmm....
the one that looked suspect to me is the content for the chocolate chips (i used info for semi-sweet) but i don't have any on hand to check the bag.

I used to make this all the time (a diff version using butter and no egg)! I'm on a diet now though so no more for me until I lose a bit of weight and treat myself.

Just wanted to mention:

Those of you on a diet who still want to eat cakes, can sub in sprite or any other carbonated drink (even soda water) to cake mixes or other cake recipes instead of the other ingredients and you get a great moist cake! of course, don;t eat it everyday but for a treat it is good and doesn't make you feel too bad about indulging

Thanks for posting this!

I just tried it and it turned out good. I used 3 tbsps of oil. I used dark chocolate sprinkles, because I didn't have choc chips. I microwaved for 3 mins and that was OK, but 2:45 would have probably sufficed.

I actually didn't think it was very sweet :shame:, maybe because of the dark chocolate sprinkles. It was screaming for frosting, so I put some marshmallow creme on it and that was a good match! The only thing I didn't like about it was the texture: it was very... bouncy... kind of gummy-ish... don't know how to describe it better. But it's a cake made in a microwave after all, so I guess that's the trade-off.

All in all... I think I'll make this again :yes: