Deleted item purchased at FP - some questions

Dec 29, 2012
I apologize if something similar has been discussed before but I am curious, being completely new to the whole delete/outlet concept.

I am a "boutique with PCE" shopper - and maybe a rare Macy's find but I don't ever seem to make it to the store until all the good stuff is gone. So I've been drooling over the exotic leather Juliette for some time now and she was high on my list. Earlier this week I made a quick stop at at the mall (had an offsite work meeting and took a scenic route back to the office, LOL), or course one thing lead to another and I ended up at the boutique to check out the new stuff. Nothing really grabbed me, good thing since I my current wishlist costs close to 1K, but on a whim I asked the SA to check if they have the exotic Juliette. She checked the computer and told me there are 8 of them left in the whole company. Now this completely didn't fit into the budget this month, and I still have no idea how I am going to explain this one to my husband, but I decided I'd better have them order her and then I can always return if I change my mind.

Then I was browsing here, and I see people are buying them at the outlet for $150 less than what I paid. So now I am curious about two things - does the total count of 8 of these bags in stock include all FP stock or outlet stock too? And, hypothetically speaking if I was to go to the outlet with this bag and receipt in hand, what are my chances of getting an adjustment? I am obviously dying to go anyway, adjustment or not (and if I love this bag as much as I think I do, the fact that it was a delete doesn't bother me one bit, I am still going to enjoy it even if I paid more), but the closest FOS is over an hour away and my life is not conducive to leisurely days of shopping, le sigh....

If it matters, the outlet I'd go to is Wrentham. Last time I was there was three years ago... so I don't have a favorite SA or anything like that. Any words of wisdom from experienced shoppers? Thanks :smile:

My outlet will do a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase but ony if purchased from outlet or FOS. Some other outlets will do PA even if purchased from FP boutique, I've read here.

I'm always very pleasantly surprised to find a bag I love at the outlet but I wouldn't count on finding the bag I'm really wanting there. If, I really wanted a bag, I'd get it from fp with PCE.

I am only an outlet shopper. Dont need it bad enough from fp. I get allllllll my fp bags from outlet. I dont mind to wait. It always works for me. I did get two bags from last pce bc i knew that were both in outlet system for much cheaper. Took my bag n receipt n got a 14 day pa. Dont let wht i do stop u from getting from FP. Again i like waiting. It works for ME

Is this the brown or the black version? The brown has been gone from the website for a while, and I think a few have shown up at the outlet but not in large numbers, and if there are so few available, then that may be it. You might call the outlets and see if they can find them through the outlet system and they can tell you how many are out there.

.........So I've been drooling over the exotic leather Juliette for some time now and she was high on my list. Earlier this week I made a quick stop at at the mall (had an offsite work meeting and took a scenic route back to the office, LOL), or course one thing lead to another and I ended up at the boutique to check out the new stuff. Nothing really grabbed me, good thing since I my current wishlist costs close to 1K, but on a whim I asked the SA to check if they have the exotic Juliette. She checked the computer and told me there are 8 of them left in the whole company. Now this completely didn't fit into the budget this month, and I still have no idea how I am going to explain this one to my husband, but I decided I'd better have them order her and then I can always return if I change my mind.

Then I was browsing here, and I see people are buying them at the outlet for $150 less than what I paid. So now I am curious about two things - does the total count of 8 of these bags in stock include all FP stock or outlet stock too?

So I did call the outlet closest to me but the lady said they didn't have this bag. She sounded kind of mean and I didn't ask her to check other stores. I should have. On the bright side, she is holding the madison patent tote for me so it looks like I am going to have to make this trip happen this weekend - how I have no idea but where there's a will, there's a way :smile:
Still doesn't help with the Juliette (and the one I am interested in is black). Oh well, it's on it's way to me - I'll probably just keep it. Bummer that it's so expensive though.

I'm wondering about this myself, because I have a bag on hold at fp, and they said they won't "send it out" and will hold it till next week for me when I'm going in to order something else...and as I'm seeing so many of you saying you are getting them at outlet prices.. I have myself on client track at factory for it...but I've called several stores and they claim there are none in factory inventory..so what to do..buy it and try for the price adjustment?

So I did call the outlet closest to me but the lady said they didn't have this bag. She sounded kind of mean and I didn't ask her to check other stores. I should have. On the bright side, she is holding the madison patent tote for me so it looks like I am going to have to make this trip happen this weekend - how I have no idea but where there's a will, there's a way :smile:
Still doesn't help with the Juliette (and the one I am interested in is black). Oh well, it's on it's way to me - I'll probably just keep it. Bummer that it's so expensive though.

Maybe I'm thinking about another bag? I was thinking #21319, but this is still on the website so I'd guess there are more than 8 of those.
When you get to the outlet, ask a nice friendly SA to look up the bag you are interested in, they can tell you how many are in the outlet system.

I'm wondering about this myself, because I have a bag on hold at fp, and they said they won't "send it out" and will hold it till next week for me when I'm going in to order something else...and as I'm seeing so many of you saying you are getting them at outlet prices.. I have myself on client track at factory for it...but I've called several stores and they claim there are none in factory inventory..so what to do..buy it and try for the price adjustment?

You could buy it, keep the tags on it for a while, then if you see it at the outlet, you could return/rebuy, get a PA, or whatever. I sometimes do this, and if it goes to the outlet before I use it, I try and get it at the outlet price. Otherwise I just use it when I'm ready and don't worry about it. The way I see it I can't always get the lowest price out there.

I usually go to Wrenthem but I'm in NH this weekend and just got back from the outlet. I bought a black patent pleated Juliette for 50%-so with no sales tax it was $214. I know it's not the exotic but if you like the patent pleated they had more. They will do a two week charge hold.

I usually go to Wrenthem but I'm in NH this weekend and just got back from the outlet. I bought a black patent pleated Juliette for 50%-so with no sales tax it was $214. I know it's not the exotic but if you like the patent pleated they had more. They will do a two week charge hold.

And they had the crimson patent totes as well at 50% off.