Del rey vs maisie clipper?

ncch

O.G.
Feb 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

So Turns out i cant stay away from mulberry..stopped by to check out the sales today.. I've been lurking in the mulberry forum and the del Rey pictures have been looking pretty good so wanted to take a look for myself. Then I noticed the maisie clipper in black! I thought it was a cute bag, I like how it's the shape of a cube when it's not held and it's suede on the sides! Love a nice suede bag. But I came home to see what everyone thought and it looks like the maisie is not so popular with the ladies here! Does everyone think it's ugly??

Im still trying to decide if i want to spend $1k on another handbag.. Mulberrys getting so exp even on sale! But as of now, trying to decide whether to get the del Rey in petrol or black forest or a black maisie clipper. the petrol del Rey is more exp than the black forest (bc different leather) but I think I'm liking the black forest a little more anyway. I also saw a black del Rey but I didnt like how shiny it was..had a slight shine to it. They also had a black Taylor that I've been looking for but turns out its oversized..too big!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Hi everyone,

So Turns out i cant stay away from mulberry..stopped by to check out the sales today.. I've been lurking in the mulberry forum and the del Rey pictures have been looking pretty good so wanted to take a look for myself. Then I noticed the maisie clipper in black! I thought it was a cute bag, I like how it's the shape of a cube when it's not held and it's suede on the sides! Love a nice suede bag. But I came home to see what everyone thought and it looks like the maisie is not so popular with the ladies here! Does everyone think it's ugly??

Im still trying to decide if i want to spend $1k on another handbag.. Mulberrys getting so exp even on sale! But as of now, trying to decide whether to get the del Rey in petrol or black forest or a black maisie clipper. the petrol del Rey is more exp than the black forest (bc different leather) but I think I'm liking the black forest a little more anyway. I also saw a black del Rey but I didnt like how shiny it was..had a slight shine to it. They also had a black Taylor that I've been looking for but turns out its oversized..too big!

Any thoughts appreciated!
The masie is horrible sorry so the del rey it is def in Petrol.
I wonder what u will go for?

Thanks ladies.. Seems like the del Rey is winning, no love for the maisie! I'm starting to think the maisie looks too casual too..

I've been chatting with a friend of mine and she thinks neither are that pretty.. Thinks I should just get a lily since I didn't get one last season.. Might not be a bad idea!

Must admit I have never seen Maisie irl. The Del Rey look grows on me. I liked how they looked in the new campaign. Wish they would have given it a different name though, no offence if anyone's a Lana del Rey-fan..:noworry:

Thanks ladies.. Seems like the del Rey is winning, no love for the maisie! I'm starting to think the maisie looks too casual too..

I've been chatting with a friend of mine and she thinks neither are that pretty.. Thinks I should just get a lily since I didn't get one last season.. Might not be a bad idea!

I agree Lily is a gorgeous pretty bag & if you got a medium you could use it for daytime use as well as evening

Didn't like the Del Ray when it first came out but the mini looks very cute. There's a pic of the Del Ray in the celebrity pics thread (thanks Steph) and it looks very squished and squashed :blush:

Having not seen Maisie IRL not sure, pics on .com make the front look plasticky!!

I would go with del Rey but I really loved the Maisie reveal which was done recently. It was really lovely too. I think Maisie is bigger but del Rey is likely to be a bit more classic although the jury is still out on that.