"Deflated" lambskin?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
England, UK
I have had my lambskin WOC for just over a year now and I've been storing it in the box when not in use. I only use it for very special occasions so it doesn't come out much. I went to a wedding yesterday and took it out of the box to find that the quilting had sort of deflated and gone flat as pancake. I am so upset about it. Is it because I kept it in a closed box? Would this have happened over time anyway? This has not happened to my lambskin flap which I have had for longer but use nearly every day and don't keep in the box at all just in the dustbag. Also, I haven't used my lambskin wallet for a while and have been keeping that in its box for the past few weeks and I took that out also and found that the quilting on this had also gone flat! But this had obviously happened very quickly. What does everyone think? Anyone experienced this too?

bagtasia

ONEATATIME
O.G.
Dec 20, 2007
Perhaps the temperature in your house or where you put them in causes it to deflate. It didn't happen so far to my collection. I regularly take them out from their boxes. I store all of them on their own boxes as well. Might as well transfer them to a much airy room. Just IMO.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
^ITA

leather needs to 'breath' - best to take leather out now and again, even if its only to look at and admire for a couple of days at a time.

Tartine

O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
Yes...humidity will affect the quality of the lambskin. I stored all purses in boxes, included silica gel inside and dehumidifier in the wardrobe. Every month or so will bring them out to 'breath'. :smile:

glistenpearls

Ex-Sydneysider
O.G.
Sep 29, 2006
Austin, Texas
Where I live is quite humid during summer too, so I take the lambskin bags out from the box. So far since I relocate to Austin (2.5 yrs now), my lambskin bags are still in great condition.