Definitions?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm new to this forum but not at all new to Bottega.
    Ahd yet I've usually said I have a red bag or tan bag or black bag, well you get the idea.
    I also have no idea, for example, what parma is!
    I would like to start a thread where all of you knowlegable members can educate those of us who are not up on all the lingo.
    If there is already such a thread, I apologize. I did a search and could not find it.
    Help us out here!
    Thanks,
    PG
    :tup:

2. Parma =Purple
    Nero = Black
    Ebano = Medium Brown - found only with BV
    Magnolia = Light Pink
    Malva = Cornflower Blue
    Bianco = White
    Noce = Tan/Light Brown
    Poudre = Pink/Lilac
    Old Petra = Brown/Violet
    Quarzo = Medium Pink
    Pergamena = Off White

Those are the ones I know quickly at least :smile: Hope that helps!

3. This is a great thread! Thanks for posting dervilfal. I'm new to BV and this will be really helpful!

4. Limo: taupe

5. Trifoglio: light green
    Billardo: dark green
    Sale: very very light greyish tone, almost white
    Army: army green
    Pepe: medium brownish grey tone

6. Ottone: metallic gold
    Prunus: plum
    Peltro: greyish silver
    Bronzo: olive/bronze
    Ferro: gunmetal
    Pompei: redish/orange
    Bianco: white
    Moro: brown
    Celadon: lime green
    Caserta: light yellow

7. thanks for starting this thread bec I was wondering the same.

8. good thread... I've wondering the same too.. Can you also add definition of the type of leather that's being used. i.e:
    nappa, nappa umbria, deer skin that being used in what type of bag... this really confused me... TIA..

9. it would be nice to have a color and leather reference guide like they have in the hermes subforum (fitting too since they apparently use the same leather supplier). here's a new one, a lovely grass green in deerskin:

azzardo

[​IMG]

10. ^^ I was going to suggest that also. I like the color, leather, size, purse threads.

11. Wow-this is absolutely gorgeous-where is it available at? :woohoo:

12. Nappa is the softest; I think it's lambskin in BV's, but by definition it could be calfskin. Nappa Umbria is treated, but hopefully someone knows what it is exactly--I don't. Cervo is deerskin.

13. Gosh, I didn't realise there were so many colours with each its own name!

14. Carmino : red
    porshegirl, are you often on the Hermes threads?

15. raz96,

Not really. Just went there the other day though to check out their color and leather reference guide!