Defective Piece Bought in Paris, Want to Exchange in Canada

Just wanted to give you guys an update:

After a ton of back and forth with the Yorkdale SA as well as me insisting that I was absoltely not happy with the quality control of my bag, the manager reluctantly said to leave my bag at the store and that they would check with their head office for special accommodation and if head office agreed, she would send me a new bag and if not then she would send back my old bag. Luckily I think they realized that I was not backing down on this and called me a week later saying that they have approved the exchange (with no additional charges) and that they would send me a new bag. I asked to make sure they sent me pictures of the new bag and alas, it's perfectly aligned. I'm super satisfied with my bag now :smile:

I want to thank everyone who gave me advice on here, I really appreciated it! :heart:

Why “alas”? Are you not happy?

It's a little bittersweet for me since the entire experience wasn't very nice. The way the manager spoke to me throughout, making feel like I was a drama queen for thinking a misalignment was a bad thing. When I had gone in store, she went out of her way to speak as loudly as possible that even other people heard us and it made me feel incredibly uncomfortable, especially when she said "This is not LV policy BUT WE'LL BE DOING YOU A ONE TIME ONLY FAVOUR".

The whole experience didn't make me feel like I was buying a bag for 2K, it felt like I had to beg for them to give me the right bag and put a sour taste in my mouth. I think I'm going to stick to online shopping and only buying from my Dubai SAs who are much more customer oriented.