Defective Josephine PM post made me check mine -- HELP!!!

Hi,

So, I posted earlier that I had my Josephine sitting under the tree and that I was having second thoughts about the SIZE and thought about exchanging it for a Saleya GM or PM -- but the post that Giselle07 just did about her defective Josephine made me paranoid so I opened my box up just now to take a closer look... :wtf:

Well, MY Josephine has cut off LV's as well. I was so excited in the store plus we were in a hurry because we had a 7 pm dinner reservation so I didn't look closely in the store. I am so bummed! And this was from the boutique! :confused1:

Here are photos. The rt. corner one came out too dark so I quick-fixed it in photoshop which is why the color looks strange.

Thanks.

P.S. Do the boutiques have restrictions on discontinued-item returns???

Hi! Do you have a pic of the sides and the back of the purse?

ugh, that isn't just cut off, it's tilted... the pattern goes down at a slope towards the right side of the purse. That is really crappy on the part of LV to let that alignment pass. I'd definately take it back.

lvmhgirl,

Thank you for posting the addl pics. Just needed an all around look at your Khaki Josephine PM before I add my 2 cents.

I have the same bag right now and was considering the Khaki one you have. Although my is not completely perfect it does have maybe 2 cutoff LVs on the front, back is near perfect, and so are the sides.

Yes... This one definitely needs to returned. I don't think you will happy with it.

Hope you don't feel too :sad:. It would have been worst if you found out later. Good thing you found out on TPF.

I hope you will be able to locate another one? Perhaps there is a second runner up on your list?

Thanks again for indulging me to look over your Josephine. Good luck!:flowers:

My cherry Josephine PM has one LV (on each side) slightly cut off near the top of the bag (where it gets skinnier) and it is authentic. It is not from the new batch.

I get so many compliments on my Josephine, I adore her. I don't think people will think it is fake since it is not a common LV bag. Some people think Speedy's are fake if they have upside down LVs which is not true and they may think my authentic Speedy is fake. There is nothing you can do about those people. So if I were you I would not worry about what other people think. But if you don't like how it looks, bring it back.

i just bought the josephine pm in black too. and it has cut-off lv's as well.. but i still love it..:yes:

here's a pic of it...

Attachments

• 12202006167-001.jpg
    12202006167-001.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 12202006166-001.jpg
    12202006166-001.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 12202006168-001.jpg
    12202006168-001.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 12202006169-001.jpg
    12202006169-001.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 45
Yeah, it does suck!!!

The thing is (and I am kicking myself) that my husband and I bought it IN PERSON at the LV boutique!!! I feel like such a loser! But then again, I NEVER check anything that I buy from the boutiques! Because I shouldn't have to! I usually inspect them when they come from eluxury though...:graucho: (even though they are authentic).

Yes - that's how mine looked.
It's the first thing I noticed when I opened the box. Nothing else mattered after that....I was stunned.
The LV's were really sliced in the middle.
You're not a loser - - -it's LV's fault not yours.
It's a shame about all this....very disappointing.:cursing:

It's not really cut off considering the shape of the bag is angular--wider at the bottom and tapered towards the top, just like LV Love said. Also, where it is cut off you will notice that the side piece pretty much lines up to it nicely to make up for that. Everything is also perfectly symmetrical.

Why is everyone worried about this? It's tapered; not every bag will escape having LVs cut off, but at least they will do their best to make it look as clean as possible (having continuity using side pieces). No worries, people! The bag wouldn't be as nice if it were cut straight up and down the sides anyway!

P.S. Joanniii, I have that ring in your picture! Do you have it? I love it!