Defective Boots!!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all - I need some opinions and advice.

I bought a pair of Valentino Rockstud boots in late December, and have since worn them about 5 times. In about mid-February, the leather strap on one of the boots broke through. I tried returning them to Saks, but they've rejected the return saying that it's "normal wear and tear." I explained that it isn't normal for boots that are $1300 to break this way after only a few times of wear (and not even after a year of wear). Since Saks isn't listening, I was thinking of disputing the charge through my credit card account.
    What do you guys think? Is this "normal wear and tear" or a defective pair of boots?

Attached Files:

2. I would expect $1300 boots to last me more than 5 times
    but these days designer doesn't equal quality anymore :sad:

3. Yeah, my biggest issue right now is not just that the boot strap broke, but that Saks is saying that it's normal for this to happen and that they won't take the boots back.

4. Oh no! Does anyone think the Valentino boutique would be helpful even if you did not purchase there?

5. Do you have a relationship with an SA there? These should be able to be sent out for repair, as a customer courtesy.

However, The store should not be expected to accept a return for these and since they are from December(and maybe sale?) then there isn't another pair to exchange them with.

As a last resort if you aren't getting an answer, Santana Creative.....or any high end leather restoration store......would be able to give you ideas for repair options.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice