Defective bag from YSL.com!!!

chubbywubby

Apr 19, 2008
I'm so bummed out.:sad: I just received a chocolate RG that i ordered from YSL.com (it took a while to reach me as i live outside the US).

I actually received a defective bag. Almost 2 inches of the stitching at the bottom of the bag is undone.

I have emailed YSL but am still waiting for their reply. Sending the bag back to the US is not an option as it is very costly.

Anyone has similar experience? can you share how to deal with this??
:cry:

Attachments

• YSL_RiveGauche_resize.jpg
    YSL_RiveGauche_resize.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 320
^^do you have a boutique near you? when you hear back from customer service maybe they will let you do a return to there so you won't have to ship back to the US? sorry you're going through this.

If you don't have access to a boutique it looks like a fairly easy repair. Can you have a local designer shoe/handbag repair person fix the stitching and ask YSL for reimbursement? If correctly done the new stitching would be undetectable.

Sorry about this! Have you tried calling? They are notoriously slow with emails...

Is the leather actually loose in that spot? I've bags that looked like that, but it turned out that they were actually double-stitched, so the leather was still attached.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and i'm sorry it took so long for me to post an update.

i thought it was only fair to give YSL.com some time to get back to me before i posted more comments as i was very very upset back then and needed time to calm down.

Anyways, i took many rounds of emails with YSL offering to change the bag IF i bear the cost of shipping it back to US and then out of US again. They kept referring to their T&C saying that they don't ship internationally. And i kept having to point out that it was their fault for sending me a defective bag.

And after much negotiation where i adamantly told the SA that it is not an option for me to ship the bag to US, they offered a additional 20% off the sale price ($1,099) to cover the cost of me having it repaired locally.

I guess it's a fair deal, although i would have preferred to get a bag in perfect condition w/o the 20% off.

Overall, the SA, Mary, was very nice and apologetic but the shopping experience really wasn't that great considering the amount of 'pain' i went through.

Day 1 - purchase made online
Day 10 - notified that bag was shipped out
Day 25 - bag arrived via 3rd party shipper / found it defective
Day 26 to 35 - correspondence via email/calls to negotiate solution

So really, if it's possible, i would say buying from the boutique would be so much less painful.

So right now, it's fingers crossed that the repairman will go a good job fixing the stitching...