Defect?

Mar 13, 2006
Hey everyone!

I bought this bag yesterday and when I came home, I noticed that the handles didn't look right. One side of one of the handles is gaping at the base. Looks like the leather was not lined properly when it was being sewed. Is it just me or does it look defective? Oh, and there is one loose thread on the inside (where the "Chanel Made in France" logo is).

I took a few pictures with flash/no flash and handles up and down just to show you what i mean better. I love this bag SOOOO much but I want it to look perfect for the kind of money that I paid for it!

Any input would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Ughhh!

So, I called the boutique and they have only one left and that's the one on display! I am going to go and look at it but if it doesn't look "fresh", I won't exchange it (will ask them to find another one at a different boutique). I hate when that happens! But thank you for all of your input!

i'm sure they will look for another boutique, cuz they wouldnt want you to return such a beautiful bag!!! it's gorgeous, so i hope you get the impeccable one you deserve!

Hey everyone!

Thank you for caring! :smile:

I went to the boutique at Saks (where I bought the bag originally) and they only had one bag left, which was on display and it looked SOOOOO bad!

The caviar leather was fine (yay for caviar leather!) but the quality of the bag, in my opinion, was awful (I would've never expected that from Chanel). Ok, well, it wasn't THAT bad...lol. First of all, the shape of the bag that I bought was even from all angles. The one on display was all crooked when you had your eyes on the same level as the bag. Second, the handles were UNEVEN! Even the SA admitted to that!!!!! Plus, when I asked her to demonstrate the bag for me (I was looking at a classic flap, too!), she was squishing and scratching it! I would never buy a bag from display ever again!

So, I decided to stick with the one I bought originally. I might go to a different Saks and see if they have the same (but "perfect") bag there. I just don't want to wait for them to find another one and send it to me. I'd rather go and look at it for myself (I learned my lesson!).