Defect problems with new Speedy 30 damier

calico703

Oct 24, 2018
Hey ladies,
This weekend I went to the LV store in Tyson’s and got a Neverfull and a Speedy 30 Damier Ebene. The Neverfull is perfect, but I had to return the Speedy because it had a lot of red wire thread poking through the stitching on the chaps. Not only that, but a crack was on the chap that had a lot of red showing through. They exchanged it for me when they saw it, but now I have this new one and the stitching alignment is..... bad. It also has some red thread showing through on the back side I didn’t take a picture of. I’m not sure what to do. Is this cause for another return?

Attachments

• F8C5FC97-93EA-4213-8392-403DAFE84286.jpeg
    F8C5FC97-93EA-4213-8392-403DAFE84286.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 596
How exactly is the stitching allignment bad? I don’t see anything on the picture that would concern me (or I’m missing something).
The red showing through is normal on damier ebene bags so I wouldn’t worry about that.

How exactly is the stitching allignment bad? I don’t see anything on the picture that would concern me (or I’m missing something).
The red showing through is normal on damier ebene bags so I wouldn’t worry about that.

On the left chap, to the left, the stitching is a lot further indented than on any other part of the chaps. I think it looks bad.

Reactions: unhly_msqurade
The stitching looks fine to me. But this is one of those cases where the whole "handmade" thing probably applies. Since it's probably an actual person sewing the chap on, there will be variations to how close or far it is from the edge of the leather. You could return it, but your next one may be the same or similar so it's up to you if you want to go through the hassle.

Reactions: randeeh
I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm not seeing any issue.

If you return, which you certainly can provided it hasn't been used, realize that you get to do this only so many times for arguable or minuscule "issues" before the staff decides you're a poor risk as a customer.