Defect or being too picky? Neverfull MM Damier Ebene

SSmom02

Apr 19, 2017
Hey everyone! I bought my first LV bag (NF MM in DE) this past Saturday at my local LV. After I got it home I noticed an area on the handle stitching where a larger stitch hole was made compared to the others which makes it look like a large black dot. When I put the bag to the light to analyze it more yesterday I noticed that 3 out of 4 handles have light coming through on the top stitch only when looking at a certain angle and with the handles slightly pulled back. I never would have even noticed it if I had not been over analyzing that larger stitch. My husband says Im nitpicking because under normal conditions its not even noticeable. I am attaching two pics to this post (hopefully it works...this is my first time posting). What do you guys think? Is it a defect or am I overthinking it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2821.JPG
    IMG_2821.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,038
You need to be happy and satisfied. I'm completely off my rocker and would obsess about it. What if the holes get bigger or rips from weight?? That's me in a nutshell literally. I would definitely return/exchange it. I exchanged a bag in DE that had severe creasing on one side that I didn't notice till 4 days after buying. Never used it and I was not happy, ticked off in fact. They exchanged it. They had no damn choice as I wasn't keeping a bag that looked like that.

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
You need to be happy and satisfied. I'm completely off my rocker and would obsess about it. What if the holes get bigger or rips from weight?? That's me in a nutshell literally. I would definitely return/exchange it. I exchanged a bag in DE that had severe creasing on one side that I didn't notice till 4 days after buying. Never used it and I was not happy, ticked off in fact. They exchanged it. They had no damn choice as I wasn't keeping a bag that looked like that.
The holes getting bigger were a concern for me also. A hole with light coming through is a return. Determining weather it is a defect is no concern for me. It got to go back. I can't do holes. :lol:

So I went to look at my NF and there is not anything close to holes with light shining through. Mine is solidly constructed. It's not nitpicking when it comes to construction. Especially on a bag that is meant to carry so much and so much strain is put on those straps and how they connect to the bag. I would exchange that without a doubt. Your hubby is saying look wise you're nitpicking but have him read some threads on here about NF straps. That might change his mind. ;)

I'd exchange. I just exchanged a DE Speedy because the stitching was crooked, I knew I was going to obsess over it. I also thought about resale value, if I ever decide to sell it.

Thanks for the input! I'm so torn on what to do. Part of me is terrified to exchange it because what if the next one has a bigger issue? I have heard they will only do a one time exchange so that makes me nervous. I'm including another pic. Should I be able to see the stitching with the canvas pulled slightly down? If not is that something they can repair by just restitching the handles? Im very attached to this bag as you can tell....IMG_1492633679.755012.jpg

Thanks for the input! I'm so torn on what to do. Part of me is terrified to exchange it because what if the next one has a bigger issue? I have heard they will only do a one time exchange so that makes me nervous. I'm including another pic. Should I be able to see the stitching with the canvas pulled slightly down? If not is that something they can repair by just restitching the handles? Im very attached to this bag as you can tell....View attachment 3672407
Nope, take it back. IMO those straps are not sound, tell hubby your not nitpicking. This will cost you in the end by having to repair them possibly. My husband thought I was nitpicky too till I kindly reminded him that OUR money is funding my bag habit just like OUR money funds his firearms obsession. He wouldn't keep a faulty AR scope sight so why shouldn't I return/exchange a bag that cost a thousand or more LOL!! It's simple logic.

Update: So I took the bag back to the store and the manager looked at it. She was super nice and as soon as I showed her the issue she pulled out another and basically showed me that they are all like that. I asked about the hole potentially getting bigger and she said that the bag has been tested to hold 400lbs so the hole will not get larger. She said its just something that naturally happens as the bag is made. I felt somewhat better seeing another bag with the same thing but will definitely be keeping a close watch on it. Thanks everyone!

Nope, take it back. IMO those straps are not sound, tell hubby your not nitpicking. This will cost you in the end by having to repair them possibly. My husband thought I was nitpicky too till I kindly reminded him that OUR money is funding my bag habit just like OUR money funds his firearms obsession. He wouldn't keep a faulty AR scope sight so why shouldn't I return/exchange a bag that cost a thousand or more LOL!! It's simple logic.

THIS! Thank you, why have I never thought to say this to my husband!

Thanks for the input! I'm so torn on what to do. Part of me is terrified to exchange it because what if the next one has a bigger issue? I have heard they will only do a one time exchange so that makes me nervous. I'm including another pic. Should I be able to see the stitching with the canvas pulled slightly down? If not is that something they can repair by just restitching the handles? Im very attached to this bag as you can tell....View attachment 3672407
The stitching on my Neverfull straps look similar to this and I believe it's normal. I've used it heavily 6+ years and it's still going strong.