Deep Pimples - Help!

Kimm992

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hey ladies!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here...I've got pretty dry skin but for the last few months or so I keep getting these REALLY deep, big pimples that are just HUGE bumps that take sometimes 2-3 weeks to go away.

They're mostly around my nose and on my chin.

My skin around the pimples is DRY though - so I don't understand why this is happening??

I'm scared if I use acne products it will kill my dry skin.

Any idea what this could be from and what I could use to treat it?

Thanks ladies!

I went through a phase of getting these.

I found that if I massaged my skin using a creamy cleanser for a good few minutes, then steamed my skin with a hot flannel/cloth it really helped.

They got worse before they got better, but it draws all the rubbish out of your skin. The massaging also helps break down any blocked oils in the skin. I also increased the amount of water and fruit I was drinking/eating and that helped a lot too. x

i had one on my chin recently and it took forever. i just left it alone and it went down. but try i think it's Neutrogena or Clean and Clear...they have a spot remover...it's a silver tube with a purple pointy cap. that's pretty good. Or you can also just call the derm and go in for a cortizone shot and it'll get flat over night.

I usually do this if I have a big pimple or feel one coming on:

Exfoiliate as usual. Dab tea tree oil on pimple w/ Q-tip, one end per pimple. I am using up my proactive toner & bp cream, then I moisturize with Clean & Clear Dual Moisturizer. No pimples for a while, and it used to be awful. Weekly aspirin-honey masks and honey/cinnamon masks helped a lot, and I've really increased water intake.

It sounds like the dry skin may be part of the problem. Have you gone to a derm? You should be cautious when it comes to deep big pimples. They can cause your pores to enlarge permanently or leave scarring. I'd go to a derm.

Tea Tree Oil or Lush's Grease Lightning are good spot treatments that will not dry out your skin. Other than that, a thorough cleansing with a gentle cleanser that won't over-dry your skin, a mild toner, and a non-pore-clogging moisturizer. I've had good luck with Kiehl's products for those things.

I would call your dermatologist, it could be cystic acne, im sure they could recommend something for you....

a girlfriend had the same problem last summer, and her dermatologist gave her a face wash, a moisturizer and a cream and her face cleared up amazingly.

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys!

On Friday afternoon I went out and got tea tree oil as well as a 60 second facial from Philosophy.

Used both all weekend and when I woke up this morning my face has totally cleared.

I will give this a try and see how it works long term. If I get another serious break out I will definitely make an appointment with a dermatologist.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions!!

If the pimple is really deep, it could be a cystic pimple.

I used to get one on my leg (?????!!!!) and it was horrible.
Nothing helped and it left a blemish that took weeks to clear.

I was told that if you need to get rid of such pimples in a hurry, it's worth the $$ to visit the dermatologist to get a shot of cortisone. Pimple clears up in less than 24 hrs!