Food Deep Fried Mars Bars!!

ladyzee

O.G.
Jun 6, 2006
Has anyone made these or have a recipe they would like to share? I understand as gross as these may sound they are actually TD4.
Z

JoeyJo21

Jan 27, 2006
UK
I've heard of them, but I've never tried them myself. My friends said that they taste amazing!

ladyzee

O.G.
Jun 6, 2006
My understanding is you take corn flour and all purpose flour a pinch of baking soda and some milk and mix it all together till you have a creamy/almost liquid consistency and then you dip the chocolate bar in and coat it and then pop it in the deep fryer. They are suppose to be incredible, haven't tried them yet!
Z

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
nyc
There's a place downtown that does this... my roommate made me go a few years ago and try one.. they were surprisingly good.... hehehe

TRAVIS2006

Rest in Peace Anna.
May 9, 2006
sounds delicious. i had some deep fried oreops at a county fair and i got sick! literally! i wish i woulda had the snickers instead :sad:

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
England, UK.
I have a personal policy to only eat low fat food deep-fried (and even that, only once a week, or less!).

Otherwise it's like piling fat on fat... :yucky:

So, fish is OK (as long as it isn't cod, because of the threat of extinction), as is fruit (fritters) and veg (chips/French fries); but deep fried Mars Bars are a big no-no! :s

The Snorks

Thrift Store Chic
Aug 10, 2006
Blechhh! I can just imagine the amount of grease and goo involved with eating this delicacy. I'm sure it does wonders for one's arteries.