Decrease in the price of the Speedy?

lisa04

Apr 22, 2006
I've read in the past that some of LV's bags decreased in prices. Do you think that'll ever happen with any of the Monogram or Damier Speedies? Eventually the US markets will do better and maybe come back to where they were a few years ago, would that effect how they price the the bags? I just ordered a Damier off from Eluxury but I'm having a 2nd thoughts as to the price increase. When will (or if will it ever happen) there be a decrease in the price of a Speedy?

I don't see that happening. My SA confirmed that everything is going up 5%, so that will make the Speedy roughly $683 (for the 30). When I got mine it was $620.

The only bag I've seen go down in price is the BH/BV and then during the last increase they went up again.

never heard of price decreases.. my SA told me that LV prices always go up! and that if you dont get what you want now, you'll pay more for it later =s

i got my damier speedy 30 for $600, it is now sold for $653

i don't think the speedies will ever decrease in price. the only instance ever (that i can recall) where there was a price decrease, is the batignolles line of bags. but that was a while ago.

It could happen, but the euro would have to go way, way, way down, and I highly doubt LV would ultimately want to hurt their prestige by lowering prices. It's not very smart from a business perspective either- why charge $500 when people will pay $600?

I don't think they'll decrease price, but they may raise their prices at a lower pace. This has been discussed before, these comapnies can't keep it up forever the the past wo years pace (esp chanel) they'll have too few people getting their things.

i remember more than 2 years ago .. there was a general price decrease here in Dubai boutique .. it was approximately 85$ ( 300 AED)

my SA pointed to the display to show me price figures ( damier . mono and MC items were shown) ..