Decollete....painful!

JuneHawk

Let's get some shoes
O.G.
May 10, 2007
I tried the patent Decolletes on today and was sorely disappointed. The 38.5 were good lengthwise but the toes were tight in there, especially the one next to the little toe on my left foot. The 39s were marginally better around the toes but a bit long, especially if worn with pantyhose. So, I left the store empty-handed. The SA offered to stretch the toebox of the 38.5 a bit but I figured if they hurt so much at the store they'd hurt even more later.

I just have NO luck with CLs it seems. Maybe I need to lay off the patent and try regular leather.

June

Last edited:
Aw, June, I'm sorry you're having bad luck! As Lavender said, decolletes are notorious for their break-in period. If you're looking for something with a similar shape that's not so painful, I'd highly recommend a pair of Ron Rons - I wore mine for 8 hours the first time I wore them and didn't experience any pain except for a small blister on the back of my heel, since I forgot my blister block that day and I always get blisters there on the first wear of a shoe. Good luck!

I can't really help with the break-in period either - I have weird feet and the decolletes and minibouts are both pretty comfortable for me (where the simples were maddening to break in). From things others have said, I think a couple of wears is really all it would take.

The Decollettes are notorious for having a tight toebox and a very painful break in period. If you stick with them though, it is worth it.

SO worth it. The black patent Decolettes were my first CL's and they are my most comfortable. Don't give up! I think I had to wear mine 3 times for several hours but they are perfect now. Sock trick is a must!

The work on the decollettes is worth it, but they are definitely a more of a challenge to break in than the simples or VP's for me.

Congrats on your little one!

I think it really depends on the foot. In patent I sized up 1/2 from my usual CL size to a 38.5 and they are as comfortable as the Simple 100's for me. In leather/eel, they only had my usual CL size, 38, and I thought for sure they'd be too tight, but they were looser than the same size in patent, and with stockings, felt the same as the 38.5's in patent (I hope that made sense...)

JuneHawk, if you plan on wearing them with stockings/hose, I'd recommend going with the 38.5. Also definitely try them in regular leather.

june welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! it is true...everyone always says the decollete's have a horrible break in time but once you get past it they are the comfiest shoes ever!