Decollete owners.....

Nov 30, 2008
the Fedex man just dropped off my new Camel Decolletes! :yahoo: I have to say these are one of the most beautiful shoes that I own yet! 2 questions for other Deco owners:

1. How much will this toe box stretch? I wear a 6 US and bought a 36 because my Decoltissimos are 36 (as well as Yoyos) and these Decolletes just feel TIGHT! However, the heel fits fine, but my toes are going numb LOL So, based on the fact that the heel slightly slips, I think a 36.5 would feel too big, but I'm worried about how much the toe is going to stretch to feel comfy at all? Did your Decolletes feel that tight to begin with and if so, did they break in enough to get comfortable?

2. My Decolletes are 100mm and yet they feel higher than my Decoltissimo 100s. I know I can get used to walking in them, they just feel really unstable and hard to walk in upon first wear rather than my Decoltissimos were easy to walk in at first wear. Is there a difference, or does anyone else notice the difference?

The Decolletes are such a sexy shoe, and camel is a great colour!

Decolletes are notoriously tiny, most people have to size up by half if not a full size. You mentioned that you are a 36 in Decoltissimos, but I think that style actually runs half a size large.

I really hope that you can stretch the toebox, but be prepared for a long and painful break-in period because patent is so stubborn! Good luck!

You are going to LOVE the Decolletes.
They feel different from your Decoltissimos because the arch is completely different from the Decollete...even though they have the same name.
You really need to break these in before they get comfy. Its a painfull process, but once you do, they actually become your most comfy shoe. Mine KILLED me for the first 3 wears, but now....I can do anything in them.
Try wearing them around the house with gym socks soaked in rubbing alcohol. It will loosen them up a bit.

About sizing...I went up a full size, but wish I only went up a half size, but it was nothing shoe pads didnt fix.

Congrats on getting the camel decolletes! I have them and ADORE them! Stinas is right, they need a bit of stretching to be comfortable in the toe box. Either do the sock trick or just keep wearing them. They will kill at first, but will soon become one of the most comfy CLs you own. We are shoe twins now...

Congrats! you will love them. That is my absolute favorite CL of all time. They will stretch after you wear them a few times. You just have to go through your toes getting murdered first, lol.

Just figured I'd post a quick pic :smile: I havent been able to take any other photos because I havent yet found my battery charger or usb cord to my digital camera. Its been missing. But here is a quick photo taken with my iphone. These camels will also be more nude for me when I start tanning here within the next few months.

Attachments

• deco.jpg
    deco.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 345
Decolletes are an addiction - once you start you can't stop :P They do take 3 or 4 wears to break in though. As Stinas says they do have a steeper arch than the Decoltissimos plus I *think* the heel on the Decollete is 110, rather than 100.....

Thanks all.... I think Im going to keep the 36s only because the heel already has a very slight slippage, so I think a 36.5 would only exacerbate that to the point of being unwearable. These decolletes actually are a 100mm...and confirmed on the box. I thought that they only came in 110 as well, but Jonathan at Saks sold them to me and he said they were 100mm also. They measure almost exactly 4 inches. Off to get my socks....LOL

Congrats. I also have the camels and I even got a half size too big because the size I needed was not available at any Saks at that time. I have them in black in my correct size and they were a challenge to break in, but now they are great.

They're lovely, congrats!

Most people go up 1/2 to 1 full size in Decolletes. I'm a size 6 US, and my Decolletes are a 36.5. The right shoe fit great (because it was the display model and other people had stretched it out for me!), but I had to get the SA to stretch the toebox of the left shoe a bit. They fit like a glove. I can't imagine being able to fit into a 36, but good on you if you do! You will definitely have to break these in, as the other ladies told you, but once broken in the Decolletes really are reasonably comfortable.

I'm also a 36 normally, but I went up a full size and got 37 for my decollete. I could've gotten 36.5 but I think the toe box would've been too tight. Maybe you can exchange them? Patent leather doesn't stretch much but try walking in them with socks? I have the same problem with my ron rons, they're 36, should've got a 36.5, but walking around in socks helps. Or, if you have a friend/sister with slightly bigger feet, ask her to walk in them for awhile...that's what I'm asking my sister to do for my ron rons, lol!

i'm a 6 too and I got a 36.5 (all my other louboutins are 36 though). i can't imagine fitting into a 36! anyway, i was debating between a 36.5 and 37 since the 36.5 felt so tight but the 37 had minor heel slippage. i'm glad i stuck with the 36.5 because after a couple wears they stretched some (and i've only worn them twice). if a 36.5 gives you slippage right away then just stick with the 36 and break them in. i also got patent.

and i think the decollete is 110.. i measured the heel and it was around 105 mm? can anyone verify this? and they seemed taller than my iowa 100

Ok, I lied :P After wearing the shoes for about an 30 minutes around my house and my feet swelling a bit from the tightness, I realize I dont think I can wear the 36s. I think that wearing them out in public with my feet swelling again would only cause more problems and pain. I sent Jonathan an email to ask about exchanging, however my 36s now just have a few minor nicks and light scratches from trying them on around the house (I have a lot of hardwood flooring). Its only noticeable in certain light. Do you think this would be a problem in returning? If anyone knows, please let me know.
Of course I'm upset that now I'm going to have to wait ANOTHER week for my beloved shoes :crybaby: but at least I know they'll fit better.

Seriously, give it a few more wears. When I got my first pair of patent decolletes I swear i thought they were gonna cut off my circulation. But where them with super thick socks just around the house, layin in bed, watchin tv whatever for a few hours each day and you will see a HUGE difference. These shoes are not ready to be worn for a long period of time right out the box. They MUST be broken in. And trust me you won't regret it. They are super comfy and so classic and gorgeous!