Decollete disappointment

nncnxx

Goldmember
Aug 3, 2014
So......

If I would ask you to help me with choosing the right size for my Decollete 868's, you'd propably suggest that I should size up at least ½ or even 1 size, right? Well, I found a pair of beautiful pre-loved CL Decollete 868 Jazz Calfs online in a very good condition. My true size is 37 and these shoes were 37,5 so I thought I might get lucky and the size would be ok, maybe they would have stretched a little so they wouldn't be too damn tight.. The price was also very good so I decided to go for it. The shoes arrived today, and hot damn, they are beautiful! Only the soles indicate that they've been previously worn :smile:

But..

20140826_201003_zps1be5d443.jpg

Shieeet..!!

20140826_201019_zps8cbcceea.jpg

Too big! They were better wiith solepads (is that even the correct term?) but they are so shallow from the sides that with the extra lift from the pad the front curve/edge digs into my foot. :sad:

20140826_204615_zps55af12fc.jpg

I'm very disappointed that this had to happen, and I really can't blame anyone else for this :biggrin: I did my research with the sizing well, but a preowned item is always a preowned item...
I would love to hear opinions from the more experienced people: Is there anything that could be done? There's a skilled cobbler in Helsinki (about 3h drive from here) who has lots of experience with CLs but would any sort of infill be of any help? Could some material be put in the front also?

Thanks in advance! :heart:

:sad: Sorry about the sizing.

The décolleté 868 is one of my fav styles. Hope it works out for you!

Perhaps putting extra padding underneath the front leather insole would help. That worked for me for my slingback. But it looks like the sides are a little snug already.

I love this style too and I would be very disappointed if I had to sell them since they are so hard to find in Europe/Scandinavia. And like you said, the toebox is already so tight and low that any extra padding would be too much :biggrin:

Things have progressed a little from yesterday. I phoned the cobbler in Helsinki and asked for his advice. He said that an infill would be possible but of course there's only so much he can do. I sent the shoes to him to be infilled and vibramed and they should be back here on monday.
I really wish that he would be able to reduce the size enough :cry:

Decolletes were the first pairs I've ever purchased, but I have since sold them all. It was suggested for me to size up half a size, but they ended up being TTS for me. I tried heel grips but it still didn't work. Even my true size didn't work because I have a really high arch and the shoes are cut so low. Sigh... I still love them even though I can't wear them.

Update:
The shoes are still in Helsinki, since the cobbler has been "awfully busy and hasn't had the time to send them back to me." I phoned him today and he promised to try to take them to the post office tonight.
I'm trying to be patient, since he usually doesn't serve clients through mail and he does the extra work of sending the shoes on his freetime :smile:

Obviously a week isn't an awfully long time to wait and if he ships them today they will be here tomorrow evening :tup:

I had the same problem with a pair of Iriza. I was about to give up and sell them. Then a cobbler told me a trick. Take leather heel grips. Not the cheap plastic/silicon ones!
Cut them in the middle and place them left and right in the heel area. It works wonders.

They fit!! :tup: :heart: :tup:

So yeah, I have been awfully busy lately and haven't had the time to update, but I finally got them Loubs back. The cobbler did an amazing job, they fit nicely and the sole is red again! I guess I'll do a reveal about them when I have more time. :smile: The main point of this post is that everything is fine now :biggrin:

This was a good lesson for me though, in the future I won't buy preowned shoes without fitting them on first, since every pair (and every foot!) is different.

I would also want to thank you all for your support and advice! This is such a great community :heart:

They fit!! :tup: :heart: :tup:

So yeah, I have been awfully busy lately and haven't had the time to update, but I finally got them Loubs back. The cobbler did an amazing job, they fit nicely and the sole is red again! I guess I'll do a reveal about them when I have more time. :smile: The main point of this post is that everything is fine now :biggrin:

This was a good lesson for me though, in the future I won't buy preowned shoes without fitting them on first, since every pair (and every foot!) is different.

I would also want to thank you all for your support and advice! This is such a great community :heart:

YAY!! I'm so happy for you! Post some pics please!!! :biggrin: