Decollete advice needed, is it the pitch? Keep or return?

hydrohoki

Feb 9, 2010
Hey all,

I've read a LOT of threads on the decollete fit and breaking them in. I just got a pair, I love the look. However, they hurt. Ok ok that's normal, I just need to break them in right?

So my question is, if I size up half a size (I ordered TTS) that won't change the pitch right? The toe box is a bit tight but the heels slip slightly(I have very narrow heels and feet in general). I think the pitch is upsetting my tendinitis in my right foot. Simples don't seem to cause chaos as badly. Then again there are a few other things in my life that could be upsetting my foot, but if I want to return I need to do it in the next 2 weeks. *sigh*

I love the shoes and there isn't much out there like it (I'm not a platform girl)... what should I do?

Thank you.

crazzee_shopper

Now a Mrs.
Jan 13, 2010
My decolletes are a half size up and they are tight. I wished I had gone a full size up. I probably won't do TTS bc I don't think my toes can take it.

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
It sounds like you got the right size, so I would not size up. Your feet are already slipping a little, and 1/2 size up won't change the pitch.

I would keep them. They are stunning shoes, and the Decollete style is one of CL's best, IMO. Be patient, stretch out the toebox a little, wear them around the house, and I think they'll be good to go in no time :flowers:

crazzee_shopper

Now a Mrs.
Jan 13, 2010
ooh. Sorry I didn't catch the heel slippage comment.

If that's the case. Go with rilo's comment. 1/2 size up was a perfect fit for me but I don't have narrow feet. Regardless, I love my decolletes.

There are threads on how to stretch toebox. HTH!

hydrohoki

Feb 9, 2010
I figure the toeboxx issue can be fixed, I guess the tendonitis is my main concern. Anyone dealt with it? It flared up months ago while on a long run (went to the doc back then) and still hurts from time to time, I don't want to be limping again. Limping isn't sexy.

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
^ I haven't dealt with tendonitis, but maybe you can put in some kind of Dr. Scholl's arch support thing to give you more support/cushion? That may help make the pitch feel less steep, too.

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
I've been having the same problem since last October. My symptoms are the same as yours, tight toe box and heel slippage. I thought they weren't working because of the tight toe box, so I bought a shoe stretcher. Now the toe box is comfortable, but the problem is still there. The only thing I can think is the pitch, it feels so high, higher than any of my other 100mm CLs. It's weird. If I were you, I'd try them for a few more days and if they still don't work, return them. I wish I still could.

Noegirl05

:love:
Feb 4, 2007
DO the blow dryer trick I told you about right where its tight it will stretch then maybe put a gel sole or heel pads! You should be good to go... Decolletes are one of those pair we love to hate and hate to love!!! So sexy though!

compulsive

◦● TEAM JIGGLES ●◦
Sep 13, 2006
WI
I sized up 1 whole size with my first pair of decollettes and they were a pain in the arse at first. They were so tight and hurt real bad but I kept wearing them and now they've stretched where I needed to put heel grips in them. Do what the other ladies advised, sock/blow dryer trick, wear them around the house. I think they're one of the sexiest silhouettes by CL himself.

justkell

peace & love
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
Long Island
I sized up 1/2 a size from my VP size. The toe box was so extremely tight, I'm like how am I gonna be able to wear these???? But after doing the thick sock trick for a few hours a night for about a week, the toe box stretched considerably and after a few wears it stretched even more. Now they're pretty darn comfortable. Stick with it if it's the toe box tightness that really bothers you. They will stretch!