Declic or Rolandos?

ylime

O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
I am in a bit of a dilemma. I own a few pairs of CLs, but they've all been either black kid leather or black patent because CLs are quite an investment for me, so I thought I'd make the most of it by getting classic colors.

However! I keep seeing these colored Delics and Rolandos, and even though I'm not a fan of suede, I've been dying to get a pair. I already own a pair of black kid leather Declics, but the shape of the Rolandos don't really appeal to me.

So what would you ladies suggest?

You might try a peep-toe. You can't go wrong with the ultra-classic VP.

With a small collection it is really important to get a different style. Because if all you have are Declic's in various colors it will seem to you on an emotional level that you only have one pair. The VP comes in suede and is only a little more than the Declic.

I'd go with the declic over the rolando. I agree with sdesaye, though - at the beginning of collecting, I tried to stay away from duplicates for the exact reason that they didn't feel different enough to me. On the other hand, black kid and a bright suede are totally different, so if you really love this style, go for a second pair!

I agree with Sdesaye that you may want to look at the VP's to have a different style. If you don't like/want a peeptoe style, I would say get the declics since you don't like the shape of the Rolando's. The declics are more comfortable and to me they seem like a different shoe in the suede than they do in the kid. Let us know and post pics when you decide.

I'm on the fence... I have 3 pairs of rolandos, 2 in patent, one in suede and i always wear my declics. i think it's because they are simply more comfortable... and honestly that does make a difference.

^^ battleship nose.... hahahaha...interesting analogy there, but i kinda see what you mean!
i have neither, but i must say that i like the rolando shape better. then again, i think the color of the suede would be more important to me than the shape.