Decisions

Bluepup18

May 18, 2018
Hi, I am trying to decide on my Christmas present from hubby . I am going to look at the paper flower collection tomorrow. I am interested in the mini firefly in either the rubellite or spessartine but don’t know which one to chose .

Hi! If your engagement ring is a pink sapphire (congratulations by the way!), then for me, I would definitely get a spessartine. I would not want the ring to compete with the pink sapphire. The spessartine (e.g. Mandarin Garnet) is a beautiful stone. It also has a very high refractive index, so that stone will just sparkle and glow. The rubellite to me, has too much blue in it, so it looks like a dull raspberry. It is neither a bright pink sapphire nor a fire red ruby. Plus, don't fireflies glow orange yellow?! I think the spessartine would be super cute for a firefly.

I am sure either will look great. Congrats to you again!

So husband went to Tiffany’s Sunday they didn’t have the rubellite or spessartine in the store so he ordered the rubellite because he didn’t remember the spessartine at all . It arrived Tuesday to our home and I opened it and was underwhelmed by the size of the mini for the price. I just wasn’t impressed. I said I wanted to exchange for something . Our nearest store is 2 hours away. So we ended up driving there Christmas Eve morning and standing in line to exchange it for something else . I decided against the mini firefly in either of the above but came home with something. I will post in the Christmas post.