Decisions, decisions ...

Faith2

Jul 15, 2008
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is keeping safe during these unusual times.

I need some advice about a lambskin rectangular mini I just purchased. It was a fluke, as I happen to be at the right place at the right time. This bag was one I was considering buying but I never thought I would get a chance. I actually was in the store looking at the WOC when I saw the mini. After considering both, the mini had more space so I went with it even though I really like the WOC. I am hoping a WOC will be in my future some time.

I am really a reissue girl at heart and I know I would love to find a mini reissue with silver/rhodium hardware. That is the bag I really want; however, I am not confident I will be able to get it any time soon. I am not sure it will be available and even if it is, I am not certain of getting one given how fast minis are sold.

Given the opportunity I will purchase the mini reissue, I just don't know what to do about the rectangular mini. It is classic and lambskin which does worry me a bit as my bags are pretty carefree. So my question is, what would you do, would you keep or return the rectangular mini? If I return it, should I get the WOC?

Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: Stratford
Some Questions -
1) Is the WOC caviar with silver hardware?
2) Would you ever see yourself wanting gold hardware?
3) What color is the mini hardware?

I love the reissue mini or 224 I think is the other name. The straps can go long or short... so it has two ways to carry it.

I also love my mini. The mini only has one strap length. I prefer caviar for the durability, but I couldn’t find a black one with silver hardware and caviar before they stopped making them in caviar so I bought the lambskin version. I am usually scared to death of lambskin, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I think there is a thicker coating of some kind on the mini’s now. I do love the dressier look of the lambskin.

Back to the reissue mini/224... I don’t think I have seen them do one with silver or aged ruthenium hardware yet. If that is true, I would guess that color hardware on that bag will be heading our way in the next year or two. From what I have seen, Chanel likes to rotate colors to keep things fresh and keep all the customers on their toes. :cool:

Now back to your question...

- IF the mini lambskin you purchased has the light gold hardware, I would keep it since you want an aged sliver/ ruthenium in the reissue. I like the longer strap on the mini and feel that the lambskin is a dressier and therefore different look. That way when the reissue comes out you can get that one next and complete the collection. (Assuming cash flow is not an issue.)

- IF you really do not like the CC logo on the mini; you don’t like that the strap is always long; and you will be sad every time you look at it that its not the true reissue 224/mini with aged silver / ruthenium hardware, I would return it.

- The WOC is a completely different handbag and usually won’t hold sunglasses. Its great to carry and throw in a bigger work bag, then take out for night time. But in my opinion its completely different from the mini’s.

Don’t fret over how rare they are, etc. That’s the luxury marketing machine. As long as the ducks keep quacking (I.e. we keep buying), they will make more. The kicker is, do you want to wait?

Good luck on your choice. I absolutely love both bags.
:heart::heart::heart:

If you don’t love the mini lamb, either return or sell it. I’m not a fan of lamb esp in light color (not sure which color you got I assume black?). They don’t age well compare to caviar in my opinion. If you rly want a reissue mini, I would get that now or wait. Not sure where you are located but try reaching out to recommended SAs (Neiman, Bergdorf, Nordstrom, Saks or Bloomingdales) or personal shoppers on this forum. Not sure what color u want but I saw many mini reissue goat with RHW available before price increase last month. I assume you meant a mini reissue single flap not size 224 double flap. I think mini bag trend is going to stay for a while and CHANEL released 3 mini reissue (single flap) seasons now but only once with RHW with goat leather.

Last year, I wanted a beige reissue mini from 19A but it was sold out everywhere at that time. However, I found one available brand new with tag through a reputable personal shopper on instagram just before the price increase last month. I’m sure you will find the mini reissue you want and treasure it forever. It’s a classic style. Reissue makes my heart flutter :love: . Good luck deciding ;)

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is keeping safe during these unusual times.

I need some advice about a lambskin rectangular mini I just purchased. It was a fluke, as I happen to be at the right place at the right time. This bag was one I was considering buying but I never thought I would get a chance. I actually was in the store looking at the WOC when I saw the mini. After considering both, the mini had more space so I went with it even though I really like the WOC. I am hoping a WOC will be in my future some time.

I am really a reissue girl at heart and I know I would love to find a mini reissue with silver/rhodium hardware. That is the bag I really want; however, I am not confident I will be able to get it any time soon. I am not sure it will be available and even if it is, I am not certain of getting one given how fast minis are sold.

Given the opportunity I will purchase the mini reissue, I just don't know what to do about the rectangular mini. It is classic and lambskin which does worry me a bit as my bags are pretty carefree. So my question is, what would you do, would you keep or return the rectangular mini? If I return it, should I get the WOC?

Thanks for any advice.
Seems u don’t really love your Mini snd you prefer a WOC.
So, return it and get the WOC.The mini doesn’t fit a lot more than the WOC anyway

My first Chanel was Mini rectangular and later got a WOC (reissue) which i love much more as the chain is much more comfortable and it’s lighter..

I own both styles, the mini reissue in red aged gold and the mini classic in dark grey light gold. I agree with @Stratford that the lamb on these bags seems a little more durable than other lamb bags. It doesn't scratch nearly as easily as my boy bag in lamb. That said, I definitely prefer the mini reissue. It's actually a favorite of all of my bags. I love the carefree nature of it, the 4 grommets, and the fact that it's a bit more understated in terms of logo. But I do think the mini flap will find a place in my life once I am able to get out and about and travel more. Again I agree with @Stratford that if money is no issue, having both would be great. If it's only one, I say hold out for the reissue. It may be awhile to find one with RHW.

Thank you for the responses. Here are some answers to your questions.

* WOC is with silver hardware and caviar. (It seems like a bag that is very carefree which I like however the space is a concern and I suspect I will own one one day.)
* I have a reissue 226 with antique gold hardware (gold is not my favourite metal, but it is stunning on this bag)
* Mini I purchased is black with light gold hardware (something different to what I already have). If it was in caviar I would probably be fine with keeping it. But lambskin has me second guessing the purchase. I know these bags are hard to find and I am not sure I should give it up because I would hate to return it and then not be able to get another one later. Given that they are not making them in caviar, this is probably my opportunity to own this particular bag.
* The Reissue Mini, I didn't know whether it was made in silver/rhodium yet and I suspect it will come out at some point, but in the meantime, I feel I could be waiting a few years. In the meantime, I feel I could use the lambskin mini until that day comes. Plus once it comes out there is no guarantee I will get one. (This is the dilemma for me.)

I have a couple of weeks before I have to make a decision. Given that the Reissue Mini is not available for purchase at this time,I will need to decide to if I will keep the rectangular mini or return it and possibly exchange for the WOC. I am still mulling it over. I also don't know what will be coming in mid July.

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas, it really helps me look at it in so many different ways so that I can make a good decision. Everyone on this board is so helpful.

I have both and like my Mini better. My Mini is also in lambskin with LGHW and my WOC is in calfskin with RHW. I do feel like the same amount can fit in both bags, perhaps a tad more in the Mini? Lambskin is not as delicate as people think. It's so much more luxurious and really really beautiful. Since the Mini is much harder to get, I would keep that and get the WOC later. But of course it's up to you and which one you like and want more. GLD!

I have had the classic mini, WOC, and reissue mini - the reissue is definitely the fav because of the slight size difference and the 4 grommets. Between the mini and the WOC, depends on your use - I ditched the WOC because I couldn't get phone, keys, cards, and sunnies in, which I could in both minis with some space to spare. The WOC is an easier carry though and flits flat against the body, which is great in crowded places. I wouldn't stress about the wear of the lamb if you like it at all - if it starts to get worn, leather surgeons can touch it up quite nicely!

Thank you for your experiences. It is very helpful. I am leaning toward keeping the lambskin mini and if it gets scratches, I have to accept that fact. I am afraid I won't use it much because of the lambskin and given that it is a more trendy piece, I am wondering if I am wasting my money.

I plan to purchase the black reissue mini regardless as it is the bag I really want. It is so carefree and when I think about that purchase, I wonder if keeping the lambskin mini is not the best decision. My issue is, I am not sure I will be able to get the reissue mini when it becomes available so then I feel I should keep the lambskin mini. I just keep going around in circles. For now, I am leaning toward keeping the lambskin and patiently waiting for the reissue mini.

I also plan to look for a WOC before the end of the year, but also worry that I will find it too small. There are so many mixed reviews on this bag. It seems you either love it or you don't. But for now my real issue is the lambskin mini and whether to keep it. Right now I am thinking I am going to keep it. (Ask me in an hour and I may change my mind?)

Thanks again for everyone's advice and support.